eleven

some things are unforgivable

-

It's easy to trust the people around you. A lot easier than not to trust. Especially in life or death situations, when you feel completely lost and all that you want to do is lean on the person that is the closest to you. 

Sadly, I couldn't afford to choose that option. No matter how much I wanted to. In a time like this one, I had to learn how to depend on myself.

'' This was a bad idea, '' I quietly murmured to myself and stared at my reflection in the mud-stained mirror in front of me. My scissors fell from my hand when I turned to the side and got a full view of the damage that I caused. I was planning to give myself a little haircut and get rid of the few inches of my hair that got completely ruined during the last couple of weeks, but the whole thing turned in to a complete disaster. I thought that my new style would still look okay if I would put it in to a ponytail, but in the end, I lost my nerves and chopped the majority of it away. '' Baekhyun is going to love making fun of me because of this. ''

My new short hair was combed back from my forehead and I was trying to pretend like I didn't even do anything to it, when I made my way towards San, who was cleaning his gun in one of the storage rooms of the old clothing factory where we were staying. His eyes shot up with surprise when he raised my head and noticed my new look, but he didn't say anything about it. Instead, he smiled at my sudden declaration that I wanted to learn how to shoot a gun. '' You do? Are you sure? I mean, you don't need to learn it. You've already got a guard dog that is constantly barking over your shoulder and warning everyone that gets a little too close to you. ''

I smirked when I heard him call Baekhyun a 'guard dog' and picked up one of the guns that were on the table in front of him. A slight breeze was blowing through the opened doors of the large storage room and there were crates full of weapons stacked all around us. There was no sight of the other guys who were part of San's special team of enforcers and that was surprising, because he didn't seem like the type of person who would enjoy solitude. In the last couple of days that I spent with him, I constantly saw him surrounded by others and it was always tough to get him alone. Even if his attitude was one of the reasons why I was drawn to him. He was constantly surrounded by people who clearly liked and trusted him, so in my mind, he was automatically written as a good person.

'' Your hands are shaking. You shouldn't be scared. '' I raised my gaze when he suddenly placed his hands over mine and steadied my grip on the weapon. His black and red hair was falling down on his forehead, the sleeves of his jacket were rolled up and the front of it was unzipped, revealing the belt that was hanging on his waist and carrying three different types of knives. '' The gun is just a tool. It can't hurt you. The person holding it does. You are the one who decides what to do with it. ''

 I raised an eyebrow before I lowered my gaze again and asked: '' Are you putting your hands there on purpose? '' 

'' This is the perfect excuse to do it, '' he playfully answered and pointed towards the wall at the other end of the storage room. '' Come on. Try to fire it. Once you get in to it, it becomes surprisingly fun. ''