Chapter 1: stranded

Stranded in the open...
Dried out tears of sorrow...
Blacking all emotions...
Staring down the barrel waiting for the final gates to open...
To a new tomorrow...
Moving with the motion...
Following the light that sets me free...
Sets me free...
~mortals by ncs, warriyo ft. Laura Brehm

Jisung's POV
Another day at the ocean, getting bullied again.

I came out of the cave at the coral reef that was my new home so I can be as far away as possible from the bullies.

I have to go back to coralia castle so I can buy some food. Just like usual, buy seaweeds to eats and pay 20 seashells for that. I instantly hide at my fav hiding spot to eat and go away after eating my breakfast.

And unfortunately, I meet my bully again, "hey! Orphan squirrel boy! Where are you going?" The bully said evilly, "nowhere, just buy some food and I'll go away, " I said without any energy. The bully pushed me so hard that I fell to the ocean floor, "ouch!" I groaned as I felt the pain and he starts to beat me over and over, "please, stop! Aaah!" I begged painfully and then, "hey! Who do you think you are hurting Jisung?!" A merman shouted and the bullies swim away very fast.

"Are you okay?" The merman said, and that merman was actually uncle pixel. I didn't know how he got that name, but his father and mother loves a thing humans called Photoshop and there's some kind of small dots that was named pixels at the Photoshop photos.

"It's okay, uncle. I'm fine, " I said eventhough it's still hurt, "you're not okay! How can you be okay with all those bruise?!" My uncle shouted panickly.

PS: Jisung doesn't wear shirt and if you think about it, yes

"Actually, it's kinda hurt, " I said and my uncle sighed, "come, follow me to my house," my uncle helped me swim to his house. I love my uncle, he's the only family I have. His black-brown hair, his hazel eyes reminds me of my mother, and his sparkling silver tail reminds me of my father and his kind and strong personality makes me love him more.

"Come on, Jisung, we're close to my home," my uncle said worriedly because my tail is hurt and I swim weaker by the second. As we arrived, he instantly find the first aid kit and heal my bruises. I'm already used to this, but my uncle is always worry.

"Ah," I hissed as my uncle tried to heal the bruise at my fin that turns out hurts so much. "Relax Jisung, I'll heal it," my uncle said seriously.

Finally, the healing process is done, and now it's time for me to go home, "uncle, I should go home now," I said, "but you can stay if you want," my uncle offered it sincerely but I refuse, "no, uncle. I need to go home. It's okay, the bruise is not hurt anymore," I said while smiling warmly at my uncle and my uncle just sighed, "alright, you can go home. Be careful, Jisungie," and he kissed my forehead, "okay, uncle. Bye!" I shouted and swim back to my home.

It's almost dark and I should swim faster. But, something is pulling my tail, and when I looked back...

Oh no...

It's the bully and he's pulling me so hard. I tried to swim faster and stronger, but it doesn't work! The bully pulled me and swing me to a rock and my back hit the rock harshly. I hissed in pain at my back, while my bully just laughed, "you're weak and useless! Do wonder why fate brings your parents away from you!" As I heard he mentioned my parents, I instantly attacked him and pushed him hard enough till he was kinda far away from me and I swim away very fast.