◌¨̮͚ *.゚

"Will you hurry the hell up? I feel like my arms are gonna drop off," whispered Haizaki Shougo angrily. Cold cobalt eyes glared up at him in response. 

"In case you haven't noticed," he hissed," this place is swarming with guards, so unless you want to get caught and throw in jail again I'll take all the goddamn time I need." 

How fast was he expected to go for God's sake? 

He was freaking dangling mid-air  -not to mention upside down!

Slowly, tanned fingers inched down, just one centimetre stopping him from pulling off the greatest act of thievery to ever happen in the kingdom of Seirin. 

Eh, it wasn't like Queen Akari would miss one of her precious crowns from her vast collection anyway. Come on , he willed, flexing his fingers as much as he could. Both boys suddenly held their breath as the sleepy guard resting a few meters away gave an almighty yawn and stretched his arms over his head. 

The grip on Aomine's ankles tightened, as if to remind him he had a job to do here, and their time was running out.

  Nearly there...

Clink!

Clink!

Clink!

Yes!

Aomine grasped the cool metal of the crown, ready to tell Haizaki that they should get the hell out of here, before he locked his eyes on the small, innocent gold coin that had escaped from the grey-haired man's pocket, which was now rolling off the marble steps, coming to rest directly beside a furious, completely awake guard.

"Oh shit" Oh shit, indeed.

The reaction was immediate, the guard sprung up, yelling for back up, just as the thieves leapt onto the velvety red carpet, dashing to the nearest stained-glass window before smashing it to pieces. 

They bolted down the castle's cobblestone steps, dodging the merchants, fruit stalls and laughing children, the sound of a dozens of feet marching towards them with every step they took.

"Give the crown to me!" demanded Haizaki, as they sprinted into the forests that encased the kingdom in a lush green embrace. 

"Why the hell would I do that?" retorted Aomine incredulously, overtaking the other youth. A loud sounded from behind him, and he dropped his eyes to the idiot who was sprawled across the dirt and leaves, less than five meters away. 

"The hell are you doing just standing there looking? Hurry up and help me you asshole," growled Haizaki, clutching his foot, "don't tell me you've already forgotten our deal!"

Horses neighed in the distance, accompanied by the sound of clanking armour and a life long prison sentence.

Despite being only 17, Aomine Daiki had gained a reputation for messing with the law; everything from stealing valuable items to petty bar fights, you name it, it was on his record. 

Not too long ago he had been warned by the authorities that should he be caught in his mischief one more time, he would be locked up. 

But how could the boy resist, when Queen Akari's crown was basking there in the sunlight, so gorgeous, so expensive, so utterly attainable. He couldn't do it himself, not the guards constantly milling about, so he had Haizaki, the slimeball, help him out. 

Usually, the tanned man couldn't stand him due to his blatant rudeness and cruelty towards others. He, on the other hand, had already been sent to jail numerous times for crimes a lot worse than his.

So he can probably handle it one more time.

"Ah, sorry Haizaki", smirked Aomine, spinning the crown teasingly around his finger before placing it back in his faded leather satchel, " if I help you now we'll both get caught, and you know my pretty face would never make it in jail."

And with that, he spun on his feet, laughing sadistically at how Haizaki's face contorted in rage and sprinted deeper into the forest.

"AOMINE YOU BASTARD! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS! DON'T YOU DARE THINK I WO-" but his fury was punctuated with the sound of handcuffs clicking around his wrists.

Panting slightly as he ground to a halt, far enough to know that he wouldn't get captured, the blunette rested his hands on a thick wall of vines, only to discover that they gave way...

~Meanwhile~

"Morning Tatsuya", yawned Taiga, dragging his large hand down the cat's back with unexpected gentleness.

 He'd woken up later than usual today since there wasn't any work to be done really. Dragging himself out of the comforting warmth of his bed, he stumbled towards the window and with sleepiness still wearing off, the redhead fumbled with the latch before the shutters were flung open. 

Hmm, I wonder what I should have for breakfast today. Ahh, the sky is so blue, this guy is really hot-

Wait. What?!