phases 🎀| zedwin

it was the third month into the fomo tour, but while the rest of the boys were traveling, edwin stayed at home with he and zion's nine-month-old baby girl, "celeste, come 'ere

it was the third month into the fomo tour, but while the rest of the boys were traveling, edwin stayed at home with he and zion's nine-month-old baby girl, "celeste, come 'ere. come eat with mamí." edwin stretched out his hands and the baby girl lifted her arms so edwin could pick her up from the floor, "ay, my little chubby monkey." he tickled her and then kissed her on the cheek, celeste having a giggle fit in response. edwin could've gone on tour with the other four boys, but he didn't feel comfortable being away from his firstborn for that long..not just that, he also needed the time away from zion.

the two were going through relationship problems, edwin was willing to work on it, but zion wanted to avoid it all so he didn't have to talk about it. because of zion's attitude of just pushing all the negative things he's dealing with down, the two end up in disagreements that get worse and more hurtful every time. the last one may have the signed the end of their relationship, but edwin was going to see how things were after zion got off tour, until multiple events left edwin to be pessimistic.

"i'm not trying to be overbearing zion, i just asked why are you always leaving, i don't care about where you go."

"well, i just don't have a reason right now."

edwin rolled his eyes as he was laying back on the bed, zion standing at the end as he looked into the body mirror to make sure his outfit was "decent".

"i'm just saying zion, we don't have to tiptoe around it. you're meeting up with someone."

zion huffed, "if you already know, why are you harassing me?" he glared back at edwin, who stood up and walked over to him, "i'm not 'harassing' you, i'm just trying to make sure you don't forget about our baby. do whatever with our relationship - which is heartbreaking to realize - but don't ruin the family."

"just because i didn't want a family at first, doesn't mean i don't want one now. damn, you're always on me, you make it hard for me to even want to stay." zion rushed out the room, edwin was shocked at the words, but he couldn't dwell on that right now. he followed the taller boy down the stairs and put his hand on the door before he opened it, "alright, if that's how you feel, then i'll leave. don't make any efforts though, because i don't want celeste having a half-ass father than one who doesn't do anything at all. it's clear how you feel, caleb." edwin moved out of his way and folded his arms across his chest, "ed, i was angry-.."

"what you said, was what was on your heart, angry or not." the curly haired boy shrugged, then headed back up the stairs. edwin waited for a couple of days, for when the other four boys had to go to another city in california for a charity event for the weekend. he called his sister, who took the next flight to cali from new york to help him, and the two got him packed and back in brooklyn. when zion came back to the house to find it missing edwin and the then five-month-oldd, he knew he fucked up. reality hitting even harder when zion tried to call edwin, but his phone number was disconnected..not only did he leave, but he really meant what he said when he told zion he didn't have to be around.