🤞🏼Thousand Percent Honest🤞🏼

The door to Nick's swung open immediately after I knocked.
He stood there shirtless with a backwards SnapBack on his head.
"Oh, Hey!" He said a little surprised.
"Hey" I said awkwardly.
"What's up?"
"I need to talk and you need to listen"
"Sure, come on" He said and opened the door even wider for me to enter.

"Your parents out?" I asked, noticing the house was unusually quiet.
"out back talking about the whole situation with Rachel" He cringed
"Oooh, yeah my mom's talking to her dad on the phone right now"
"Yikes" He said.
He nodded his head in the direction of the living room for me to go in.
I do so and sit on the sofa while he grabs a hoodie and throws it on before sitting across from me on the other end of the sofa.

"So what'd you wanna talk about?" He asked.
"Oh right! Uh..."
Why is this so hard? What am I doing?
"You okay?" He asked and put a hand on my knee that was resting on the couch while my other leg was steady on the ground.
"Yeah sorry!"
"I Uh, I wanted to say that... I do miss you" I sighed.
He raised his eyebrows.
"Oh?!" He said sounding hopeful,
"But I'm not ready to get back together"
"Oh" he deflated a little.

"My mother of all people, made me realise that since we became friends again, I've been better in myself...I've been happy and I know you have been too".
He nodded.
"Whether it's a relationship or a friendship, whatever it is, I know that we're meant to be together either way" I said bravely.

"So...." I started
"Yes?" He asked, quite smug!
"Will you be my best friend again?" I asked.
"Hmmm I don't know" he said
"Oh come on Mara" I playfully rolled my eyes.
"I have some conditions" he smirked.
"What Nicholas?"
"First off, you have to stop calling me Nicholas." I rolled my eyes at that.

"Secondly, I will always be your friend but I want you to admit that you want more, whether it's soon or in a long time"
"And third, we must promise to be one thousand percent honest with each other and our friends from here on out because look where it's gotten us" he chuckled.

I smiled.
"Okay fine, I promise to always be honest with you and the others from now on, I'll admit that we might eventually have more than a friendship but I will never, I repeat- never- stop calling you Nicholas"
He shook his head with a smile.
"Never say never" he pointed at me as if telling me off but he looked as cute as a button instead of stern.

"So in other news, don't you think we should shut down these pregnancy rumours?"
"Oh shit I forgot" I jumped up from the couch.
"What do we do?" I asked
"We could post a video explaining it on my Instagram or something" he suggested.
"Uh yeah okay"

——
After announcing that the rumours weren't true, both mine and Nick's phones blew up.
We were asked what'd happened, who started the rumour etc.
"I better get going, Scooby and Shaggy over there are probably driving mom crazy" I laughed, referencing my brothers.
He laughed and walked me to the door.

"Mom?" I called once inside the house.
"Grab your coat, we're going to Rachel's" she said storming out of the kitchen.
I did as I was told and quickly grabbed my jacket before rushing after her.
I closed the door behind me and turned to walk towards the car where I spotted Nick leaning against it, his mom talking to mine.

"Hey?" I said, more like a question, and walked over to Nick.
"Rachel's?" He asked, I nodded.

"Alright you two, in the back" Mom instructed.
Nick and I sat in the back while our mom's sat up front, shit talking Rachel's parents.

"Woah, that's a lot of people" Nick said looking out his window. I turned my attention to his side where I caught view of Rachel, Luke, Zion, Chloe and all of their parents standing outside the mansion that was Rachel's house, bickering.