Chapter One

This story is of copyright
© Copyright Gia C.
All Rights Reserved

Twenty Year Old Amir

"Nobody wants to do this."

The frame for my life was not anything like the one I had now. And the picture which was held in it was undeniably contrasting from the one I had in mind. I didn't see myself as a doctor with a Harvard degree but I definitely didn't see Amir Eden Lion with a gun pointing at a terror-stricken civilian on the ground with his hands over his eyes. Who am I? I don't want to be a killer but somehow, it's always been my last resort. To tell you the truth, I think my boss is the bane of my existence.

Talk about debbie downer.

Henry R. Saunders was always an assailant, with connections of all sorts. He married my mother, then killed her a few months after. You may think I'm being very insensitive, but trust me, I've gotten over it. He married and sweetened her, my mother fell swoon. From time I knew my mother was unceasingly naive, accepting the proposal only 3 months after they have met each other. So he killed my mother but, that wasn't how he made it out. He thought he was sly enough to pin the death on me, but when he saw it wasn't working out for him because of how ingenious I was, he called out for me to join him. And that's what I did. He took all of her money & took me under his 'wing', and made me into a killer at the age of 16. Nobody else was going to feed me so from then a 'serial killer' brutally murdered my mom, I'm over my justification and he is no longer my step-father Henry. He is my boss, Blackmail.

But it's not Blackmail, it's that day, that solitary day, when he called for me to go to him. He paged me from downstairs in the employee lounge at 12: 46 am, my working hours are from 9pm to 1 in the morning, in case you queried.  The secretary, Hilda, tiredly called out to me while yawning, "Amir to Blackmail please." I looked up from reading the deaths section in the newspaper in which I was carefully elaborating the person's column in whom I had just killed a week ago. They wrote in the section that he was expertly murdered as to which they couldn't decipher the killer, at this I smirked cruelly and without remorse. Which was undeniably cold hearted of me at the moment but hey, that's what I do. Hilda's words struck me out of my daze and I rubbed my eyes, "Huh?" I said. She rolled her eyes with attitude, "Blackmail, now." I got up with a huff, stretched and continued to making my way to my boss's office. It was undoubtedly a trot to get to his office, which was 7 floors down. He didn't have a elevator connecting to the basement, which was his office. He said it was "too vulnerable" for anybody to come to a hitlers' office so easily. But it was Friday and trust me, there wasn't nobody who wanted to go there, especially me. This was my 4th job for the week, 20 years old and killing people like I swat flies. Yet, I had to do it, it's what puts food on the table and if not, I would be the one getting swat like a fly. Blackmail never takes lightly to rejection and he has not a grain of patience to wait for your consideration. So just as quickly as you came in, you would be gone , right out of thin air.

I finally reached the door, knocked, then walked in. Blackmail stood there in the center of his room. He was a man, about the age of 56, yet he didn't retire. Which was more pressure on me. He had brown hair with splotches of gray peaking through and green eyes."21 year old man, 24th Timberlake Avenue.", he said while looking at some files. I began eyeing the room when I had reach him, he had moved around some things and it had made the room seem bigger than it already was. "Deadline?", I asked satisfied with the decor, he began shuffling through some papers he had on his desk, "Three months from now Amir, gives you sometime to befriend him." He knew damn well I would never mix business with pleasure, I guess it was against my oath as a hitler.  "Geoff's his name, I have not the fairest idea what the rest of his confidentials are, Heads really didn't send me enough info to send you out." Heads name was quite self-explanatory, he was the "head" of this operation and people would go to him if they wanted someone killed. Blackmail was next in line and his job was to send people out to kill the target. "Uhh, I could go out now..." I said, feeling myself. "I'm sure I could find him with the details you just gave me and let this job be done quicker.". Blackmail pondered, I'm sure he was thinking about the advantage and the extra amount of zeros that would be written on his cheque. Killing a target before the deadline was considered sorcery in need of some serious praise. "Aye, okay. But you have to wait a month before you could kill him, he's going to graduate, you could get to know him then. Now exit."

As I stepped out of the basement and onto the first flight of never-ending stairs I kept repeating to myself his name and address. Geoff, 24th Timberlake Avenue. I knew this Geoff, or a Geoff to be exact. A Geoff from highschool who was always dreaming about "graduating from college and becoming a multimillionaire". A goodie two shoes and so conceited, it made it even worse when I dropped out of highschool to "work" to buy a ticket to my Aunt in Alabama. I thought of him as superficial, like he had a explicit backstory, which I was supposed to examine. But that was four years ago, I'm sure that couldn't be that big time Geoff who would now be one of the richest men alive. Boy, this job, I knew it... It was going to be extra-ordinary,like none before.