❝❝ Phones and Bloodbaths ❞❞ Chapter One // Rin

"Dammit!" I heard the higher pitched voice of the one and only Hana Suzuki as I turned my attention over to the "blonde" of our little group. She was staring at her cellphone as she held it high onto the air as if trying to get a signal for it.

"Why were we sent to a place with no WiFi!" I heard her screech as she stood up on her tippy toes in an attempt to find WiFi for herself. This was obviously annoying the other squad members as they began to cross and uncross their arms over their chests. I let out a sigh as I walked over to Hana before I grabbed her by the right arm and pulled her aside to talk.

"Hana!" I hissed out to her before pausing for a moment so I could collect my thoughts and feelings before continuing with our little talk. "You have to take this job seriously Hana." As my words left my mouth, her eyes widened and then narrowed and before long, she was full on glaring at me. She then too crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance, except this time it was with me, not her.

I brushed a strand of my black hair out of my face as I stood there staring at Hana, waiting for her to be done with her little temper tantrum. It was then that everything changed for us that day. A loud roar could be heard coming from somewhere in front of us. The sound caused all of us to quickly turn our heads around towards it so we could identify the source of the roar. On the horizon, a dark figure loomed. It was like a giant lion-human creature that seemed to be a little bit more lion than human. Except for the fact that it could walk on two legs as well. My eyes narrowed when I laid my gaze upon it, knowing full well this was what we were called to Celaphe for.

To hunt down and kill this Deia

And we will complete our mission.
•••
Blood.

Both human and monster.

It was spilled everywhere. Nothing was completely clean of it anymore. And now it was just a few of us. We had lost many during this war. In fact, I myself have witnessed many deaths. But, never to someone whom I was so close with.

Someone like Aoi.

Surprisingly, Hana had survived the battle with the Deias and was one of us who was overlooking the carnage of the scene. Aoi, my cousin, laid dead in a pool of both her own and Deia blood. None of us expected there to be so many more hiding. They were just lying in wait for us to think we've got them all, but then the others come and destroy everything and everyone. I turned my attention away from the bloodied former battlefield behind me and began walking back to The Home. Though my thoughts still remained there...