Chapter 1

Online classes were hard, but having a prick of a professor who never answered his emails made them ten times harder. He always signed his emails with 'Chris' therefore I pictured him to be an older man, probably in his 40s. Boy was I wrong.

After 3 failed emails to him, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands and go to his office. Walking in I noticed guitars hanging on the wall and a book shelf full of classic novels. Chills tickled my spine as I lightly ran my fingers over the used leather spines.

"Chantry?" Chris asked.

I jumped in surprise, how long had he been standing there? I turn around swiftly to see a younger man, in what looked like his early 20s, leaning against the door frame. He was dressed in black skinny jeans, and a blue button down shirt, his chest tattoo peaking through. His dark brown hair fell into his enchantingly green eyes. He ran his tongue over his lips before asking, "You are Chantry right?"

I moved a stray hair behind my ear, "Yes sir, I apologize." he was dashingly gorgeous.

Chris walked over to his desk and pulled the chair out for me, before resting slightly on the edge of the desk. I took a seat and almost melted in it when he smiled at me.

"So, what can I do for you?" He smiled.

My face started to heat up. "Oh uh-uh, you never answered my emails about re-doing my exam..." I answered nervously.

"Right," He started before moving closer to me. "Ive been in London for a few weeks, just taking care of a few things, so I haven't been able to reply to a lot of my emails. However, you may retake your exam. I'll open it up for you right now on Canvas."

Chris looked at my hands and frowned a bit and then looked back up at me, our eyes locking in the process. "So are you married or engaged?" He pried.

Did he just ask if I was married? "Uh-no? Why do you ask?"

He smirked at me. My body tensed up and my heart started to race. "Just curious is all. I'll see you around campus Ms. Danvers."

I took that as my subtle cue to leave, so with that I stood up and smiled at him. "Thank you for meeting me today! I'll get my exam in as soon as possible."

Chris took a deep breath and stood up and followed me to the door, "If you ever need anything, help I mean, feel free to stop by my office." he leaned against the door frame as I walked out, and headed towards my car.

I only looked back at him once, maybe I'm silly but I get the feeling that he's a bit infatuated by me. No, I'm being silly. There's no way a beautiful man like him, could ever look at me as more than a student. That's all I am, a student. His student.