The Sun Will Always Rise Tomorrow

"The Sun Will Always Rise Tomorrow "

AUTHORS NOTE: This story can be taken very emotionally. It contains a sensitive topic, sexual assault. Mature Reader is preferred. 

"Well, Dan, I sure got a hell of a story to tell ya." Sitting down in the tattoo chair, I got ready for the new addition to my left wrist. Around it laid a tattoo of a charm bracelet. Each charm represented a big moment in my life. A rose for my grandma that I was named after, a paw print for my dog who was my absolute best friend, a basketball because I played since I was eight, Mickey Mouse ears for when I was twelve and went to Disney, a pencil for my love for art and writing, and a red graduation cap. High school was a shit show for me. Bullied constantly for stupid reasons, like my button nose was ugly, I didn't have curves, and the best reason, because I was taller than most guys in my grade.

My tattoo artist Dan is so kind, precise, takes a long time when he works. Dan needed to make sure each one was perfect. He is the only person I trust. The hours spent in that tattoo chair are some of the best. Dan would sit there and listen like a therapist while I vented about why the new tattoo.

"Lay it on me, kiddo," he spoke while starting up the machine.

"Well like you know, high school was a horror scene for me. Picked on a lot, with no true friends. So right after graduation, wanting to completely change my image, and wanting to be liked... didn't go so well. A couple of days after graduation I got a text; it was a guy from my school, Mario. He was pretty cute and somewhat popular. He was inviting me to a party that night. Why me? However, not putting too much thought into it, I agreed to go."

"Ooo, okay, what did you wear? And what does this Mario look like?" Dan asked.

"I just threw on shorts and an off the shoulder red shirt, while putting my hair in a half up half down bun. He looked like a modern-day greaser: skinny jeans, graphic tee, and slicked back dark brown hair. He also smoked cigarettes He looked like a bad boy, but from the ten-minute car ride, he seemed to be a very intelligent, funny, and kind person."

"When and where was this party?" Dan asked.

"Last summer, late June. The party was at someone's house; one of Mario's friends from another town. It was in a backyard and when we got to the party, Mario said to me, 'Listen, Emily, I know this is your first party, so just don't try to embarrass yourself or me.' I gave him a blank stare. I couldn't tell if that statement was meant to be rude or a joke. I followed him around like a puppy, because I didn't know anyone there, and I'm not too much of a social butterfly. Mario lit a cigarette then handed me a blue Solo Cup. It was filled with a red liquid from a giant cooler."

"What was it?"

"Jungle juice. Mario said it was a mix of a bunch of clear alcohol and different drinks like fruit punch and lemonades. I was so nervous. I've drunk before, but only trying a beer or some cheap shitty wine. Bringing the cup to my mouth, I took a sip. The drink smelled like a fruit punch but it burned my nose. It went down cold and smooth, leaving a refreshing taste in my mouth. Sweet. Delicious. It was good; I just wanted to drink more and more.

Dan paused me, "That doesn't sound too good. Sounds like that shit will get you drunk, fast." He was right.

"Halfway into my second cup, I began to bump into things. Cans, tables, people. I don't remember. I stumbled inside the house to look for a bathroom. Walking was like being on a boat in the middle of a storm. It was as if I just got off a Tilt-A-Whirl at a fair. I didn't know what was happening. How long was I looking for the bathroom? Where was I? Stairs, people, Mario. Where was Mario? Cigarettes. I followed the smell. Mario smelled of them. During this, I felt happy though. Like everything just felt, fun. Time passed. Stumbling. Someone came up to me. I couldn't see their face, it was blurry. They grabbed my arm."