Ch 1

Ashley looked at Mario up and down, searching his body for answers. They had been talking for a couple of months and she was hoping he would make her more than just a fling, and claim her as his girl.
"I mean, we've been seeing each other for awhile, don't you think we should make it official?" She smiled and giggled. Ashley liked to play dumb and she was very superficial. Mario has everything she liked, money, looks, and notoriety.
"I mean, not right now, I'm just not feeling it, I like you a lot but I'm not ready for a girlfriend," he said and stood up. He felt it was time to go. Mario knew his statement would ensue an argument because it was something Ashley didn't want to hear. He had a long day at work and he was ready to be in his own apartment, comfortable and stress free.
Ashley sighed as Mario walked to the door, disappointed she couldn't get the answer she looked for. He left without a formal goodbye solidifying everything he felt about her. Ashley wasn't important to him. He loved his family and his best friend Mikayla, Kay Kay. The drive was short, and silent. Her car was in the parking lot and he could see the light from the TV through the window. Scary movies, every time Mario got home Mikayla was curled up on the couch watching something terrifying, twisted, and weird.
"What's it tonight?" He said to her as he walked in the house. The movie was just beginning to start.
"It's a new one, Sinister, want to watch?" She replied and paused her movie.
"Yeah let me change," Mario smiled. They watched the movie and after that they went to bed.
Mario heard his shower running. He got up to see who would e been in his bathroom at 3am. It was the silhouette of a naked woman and she was humming. She opened the door and it was a naked Kay.
"Mario," she said seductively. He walked forward and just as they were about to kiss he woke up. He had the same dream every night for the last couple weeks. Mario got up and walked to her bedroom. Kay was knocked out, soft little snores escaping her mouth every so often. She was beautiful to him. Kay didn't like wearing make up and she didn't need to. Her skin was like light brown sugar and she had the cutest cherry pouty lips. She wore her curls all the time and Mario loved that. She didn't have an extravagant sense of style, it was simple.
"I love you baby, I'm going to marry you," he said confidently as she slept. The only nerve he had to say that was the fact that she was sleep. Mario walked back to bed and went to sleep.

Around noon Robyn, Makayla's best friend, came over to hang out. Just as Mario was about to pop in he could hear them having private conversation. Usually he would excuse himself to give them their privacy but he couldn't help himself to listen as he heard his name.
"So how do you fell about Mario?" He could hear Robyn giggle.
"Girl, I can't stop thinking about him," Kay said.
"You should tell him," Robyn urged.
"I'm so nervous and I don't want to ruin our friendship," she said.
"Stop, Mario is perfect for you. Y'all act like a couple anyways. The way you glow when you two around each other is something else and the way he is around you. I know he adores you," Robyn gushed. He could see Kay blush.
"I know, he makes me feel safe, and his smile, the way he touches me, I'm falling for him," Kay smiled. Mario softly knocked on the door.
"Hey ladies, didn't mean to interrupt but would you mind joining me for lunch?" He smiled.Kay was still blushing, he finally knew how he felt about her.
"Well, I would love to but I have to get going to work, I'm sure Kay would love to," Robyn said and winked at Kay.
"Kay?" He looked at her and smiled.
"I'd love to," she replied.