1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyeseok POV....

I'm packing my clothes because mom called me earlier that I need to go home and it's emergency. As her daughter, I need to follow her...

Casey: you really need to go now? As in today?
Hyeseok: yeah! You know mom....
Casey: can I go with you?
Hyeseok: sure!

Then she go packing her things...

~~~~~~~~~
Hyeseok's house
~~~~~~~~~

Hyeseok's mom: My daughter is here!
Casey: and your favorite daughter!
Hyeseok's mom: both of my babies are here! Let's go inside!

We go inside... Mom prepare foods so we all can eat...

Hyeseok: so why you called me? And you said it's emergency...
Hyeseok's dad: it's about your mom and your mom's best friend..
Hyeseok: and?
Hyeseok's dad: you promise that you will never get mad on us?
Hyeseok: why would I?

My dad sign my mom to tell me what's our main agenda....

Hyeseok's mom: Me and my best friend got pregnant at the same time...We both know that I got a girl and she got a boy.. We promised to each other that when you both grow up, both of you will get married..

What?

Hyeseok: what? You both what?

My mom is about to cry...

Hyeseok's mom: I forget about that promise because it's been 10 years since they moved in America but when they contacted me...

My mom is crying now...

Hyeseok's mom: my best friend..... she said that we need to fulfill our promise...
Hyeseok: but mom!
Hyeseok's dad: you should listen to your mom first...
Hyeseok: dad! Mom! Marriage! You called me all the way from.... gosh!
Hyeseok's mom: but it's her last wish to fulfill.. she diagnosed with...... diagnosed with stage 4 cancer... anytime soon....she might die...
Hyeseok: why not.....
Hyeseok's mom: there's no cure!

I'm speechless... I imagine, marrying someone I do not know and my mom will soon die...

Hyeseok: I'm tired... thanks for the meal...
Hyeseok's mom: Hyeseok!

I go to my room leaving Casey.... I hate my parents for making this decision... I change my clothes then go to bed... as soon as I go to my bed, someone knock on my door....

Hyeseok: leave me alone...

And it's Casey...

Casey: girl! Let's talk...

I open the door for her...

Casey: girl... If I am in your situation, I will also feel that but...

She paused....

Hyeseok: but?
Casey: imagine auntie will die anytime today?
Hyeseok: that's not a good joke...
Casey: let's have a deal...

Deal?

Hyeseok: what kind of deal?
Casey: simple... Let's see if he's handsome or what....
Hyeseok: I don't care if he is or not..
Casey: that deal is over... you don't care about looks.... well..... why not both of you divorce after...
Hyeseok: hayssst! Don't make things complicated! Let's go to sleep!

I wish for her to shut up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Casey POV.....

If this situation happened to me, I will also react like this... What if he's handsome? Well... for her, the only handsome is her dad and her crush... nothing new about that.... I should go to sleep too....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyeseok POV.....

I woke up early and go to my daily routine... As soon as I am done, I go to kitchen to make breakfast but I saw my sad mom cooking....

Hyeseok's mom: good morning sweetie!

She forced herself to smile on me... Yeah... I pity her... All she want is to make her bestest friend happy until her last breath... It's me who's making this hard for her...

Hyeseok: good morning!
Hyeseok's mom: hungry?
Hyeseok: mom...
Hyeseok's mom: yes?
Hyeseok: mom... Don't force yourself to be happy even if you're not... I hate that decision of yours but....
Hyeseok's mom: it's okay! I will talk to her later..
Hyeseok: mom....

I hope this gonna make her happy...

Hyeseok's mom: hmmm?
Hyeseok: I accept!
Hyeseok's mom: you what? Maybe you are hungry...
Hyeseok: I'm not really hungry but I still accept it! Don't make me take back my decision... I will set the table and let's eat...

I leave her to set the table.... I hope I make her happy... They always support me so now, It's just a simple payback but....... It is impossible to be with my crush......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyeseok's mom POV........

I'm shocked by her decision... I regret this but for my best friend... I can talk to my friend later so she can't be forced...

Hyeseok: Mom! Dad! Me and Casey will go to sports stadium... We will go home around 9pm...
Hyeseok's dad: that's kind of late!
Hyeseok: but it's Haru's band concert and we can't refund...

It's okay with me...

Hyeseok's mom: I received a message that we will having our family dinner at 9pm today... why not go straight at the restaurant instead going home? You know to meet them...
Hyeseok: okay! Is it formal?
Hyeseok's mom: casual... don't dress up formal...
Hyeseok: by the way, why 9pm? It's kinda late...
Hyeseok's mom: it's their son's schedule...
Hyeseok: ohhh... Like mine... Can Casey go with us?
Hyeseok's dad: sure!

This is not the Hyeseok I know..... It's my fault...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~