Chapter 1

Let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Ava Rose. I'm 19 a freshman at Spellman College majoring in Biochemistry. I have always wanted to become a Forensic Scientist since I was five years old. Both of my parents died in a car accident when I was three so my Granny has been raising my brother and I. My brother Andre is a " street pharmacist". He has been hustling since I can remember. He is very protective of me and I don't mind because he is literally all I have. Some horrible shit happened to us when we were little so we will always protect each other no matter what. I am not interested in boys and I'm kind of a loner. I have one friend. Her name is Sadé. She has been my girl since elementary school. You would think we wouldn't get along because we are complete opposites. She is very loud and ghetto but is very book smart while I am quiet and nerdy and all about my school work. Some little girl was bullying me and Sadé came to my rescue and she has been my bestie every since then.

    I was on my way to meet Sadé so we can go eat lunch before my 1:35 class. I saw her flirting her with some guys and shook my head. This heifer loves herself some men. She noticed me and ran towards me. " Hey Bihh. Look at that nigga right there. Shatt I think I'm love. " Sadé your ass always in love." "No for real girl I think that nigga might be my next Zaddy" We both burst out laughing. " You need to be looking for a Zaddy so he can pop that cherry maybe you won't be so uptight" she looked at my seriously. I was not about to have that conversation with her again so I rolled my eyes and said " Burgers or pizza?" She side eyed me and said " I know you trying to get off topic but a juicy ass burger sounds hella good right now."

     We settled on Wendy's since it was close. I ordered a number 2 with no onions and she ordered a baconator. As we were fixing our drinks making small talk about our AP Bio class some random nigga bumped into me and made me spill my drink. I was drenched in lemonade. " Damn ma you need to watch where the fuck you going." I know damn well he wasn't talking to me when I wasn't the one who bumped into him. As I looked up I saw the most handsome man I had ever saw. He was at least 6'2. His skin was smooth and the color of milk chocolate. You could tell he was fit just by the way his muscles was protruding through his tight red Polo shirt that had a yellow horse at the top. Damn this nigga was pure perfection. I couldn't find the words to say anything to him but Sadé sure did. " Nigga you bumped into her. She is the one drenched and sticky from your fuck up." I tugged on her arm and said" Dè it's fine." " Look sir I'm sorry for bumping into you. Excuse me." I walked to the restroom trying to just get away from his intimidating hazel brown eyes. Why am I the one who always have fucked up shit happen to me?

Sadé came into the restroom. " Are you okay?" She looked genuinely concern. " Girl I'll be fine. I keep an extra set of clothes in my car so I'll just change and we can eat." As I made my way out the restaurant walking towards my 2017 Lexus RX 350, I felt a hand grab my arm. It was Mr. Rude from the restaurant. Shit. I think he looks even better in the sunlight. " Look ma I'm sorry I bumped into you. I shouldn't have snapped out like that. You forgive me ma?" Me standing there look dumbfounded only finding two words to say to this Greek God " It's okay." He went into his jean pocket and pulled out a stack of hundred dollar bills and peeled off five handing them to me. " This is for the mess I caused to your clothes and for your next meal." Shaking my head " No it's okay really. Things happen and plus I have clothes in the car." I said nervously. He smirked and said " I wasn't asking beautiful." He slid the money in my white Chanel bag. Before I could protest and give it back he walked away getting into an all Black Mercedes Benz with tinted windows. I stood there shocked and surprised that he actually just did that. I turned around and retrieved my black duffel bag that I was taking to the gym later and got my blue jean dress and sandals out before going back in and changing my outfit. I sat at the table and began eating my food as Sadé stared upside my head. " What?" I finally asked while dipping my fry in ketchup. " Bihh what the fuck did he say? And don't leave anything out."