Chapter 19

Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as family members.
-Unknown
************************************

Donovan's POV

"Bitch I know the fuck you not about to try and rob me." where the words I said before my mom and some young ass dude shot me. I can't believe my own fucking mother would kill me for drugs. I'm gone kill that bitch was the only thought that was running through my mind.

  Waking up to beeping noises coming from a heart monitor beside me, I tried to sit up in the bed. I instantly got hit with severe stomach pain. I laid back down and looked over towards the door to see if anyone was in the room. Sleeping in a brown chair was Ava. Man this girl done saved my dumb ass twice now. I just stared at her not wanting to wake her up. It's a must I do something for shawty once I get out of here. She is like a guardian angel for real. As I started moving in the bed trying to get back comfortable, I heard her move in her seat. "D are you up?" She asked making her way towards the bed.

"Yeah ma. But go back to sleep you tired." She paid no attention to what I said and got out a blood pressure cup and a thermometer and checked my pulse rate. "Are you in pain?" She asked never taking her eyes off the monitor.

"Yeah but I can handle it." I told her. In all honesty, I was in so much pain that if she wasn't in the room I think I would be on my ass crying. She took the cup off my arm and faced me. She leaned over me as if she was about to kiss me, but I felt a sudden surge of pain go through my stomach.

"Ouch. Man what the fuck?" I screamed out.

"I thought you weren't in pain." She said as she stood up and walked over to a cabinet. She pulled out a long syringe and a little vial of clear stuff.

"What's that?" I asked her. I trusted her a hundred percent but she just intentionally hurt my ass to prove a point.

"It's Vicodin. I'm about to give you five milligrams for pain." she said as she stuck the needle inside the bottle and lifted it up and drew the medicine to the correct line.

"Ma. I know you trying to help and I appreciate it but I told you the last time I hate taking medicine."

"Well that's fine because you aren't taking it. I'm putting it through your IV. See the difference." She stated as pressed the needle inside the IV.

  I could tell in her demeanor that she wasn't the sweet and caring Ava I have come to know. She was straight faced and had a no bullshit vibe surrounding her. She seemed upset and angry but she didn't show it. "Get some rest and I'll tell Nina to come and give you something in about six hours." She said as she got up to walk away. I grabbed her arm gently. "Are you staying with me?" I asked her but it was like begging. I really wanted her to be here when I woke up. 

"D I'll be back. I got to handle some business but I promise you are in good hands with Nina." She said. Just as I was about to beg the door opened and Dre and Deno walked in. "Yo my nigga you up." Ava walked past them and went by some dark skinned chick I guess is Nina. Man every time we in the middle of a conversation it seems like it is always being interrupted.

"What up nigga. We thought you were gone." Deno said while dapping me.

"Nawl man I'm good." Ava walked back in and stuck her head in the door and said "Dre I'm about to handle that. Keep an ear out."

"Aight Sis." Dre said as she closed the door.

"Damn your sister fine as fuck." Deno said as soon as she closed the door.  Dre looked over at me and saw my facial expression and laughed. "Bruh you about to get fucked up looking at my sister like that."

"Yeah aight. Well D I'm coming through later bruh. I'm about to head to some freak house who just texted me." Deno said while looking at his phone.

"Aight bruh. Stay up." I told him. Dre pulled a chair by my bed and sat down. "So how was y'all little date?" He asked while lighting a pre rolled blunt he just got out his blue jean pocket.

"Man shit was straight until a nigga got shot." I told him sitting up straight so my back was against the headboard.

"Who shot you?"

"Man I don't even remember much but me yelling and then blacking out." I lied. There was no way I was about to tell him it was my own damn mom who did the shit. They would kill her ass and not have any fucking remorse. Even though she is fucked up in the head, I ain't about to let nobody kill her. My mind wander back to when Ava told me she was the one in charge. I instantly remembered how she shot dude without blinking. I knew she would definitely kill my mom without hesitation so my first stop is to find Melinda before Ava does.

"Yeah you were unconscious for a day. So that's understandable." He said while blowing out smoke.

"So what's wrong with your sister?"

"What you mean?" Dre side eyed me.

"Man I woke up and she treated me like a damn patient. Her face was emotionless." I told him concerned about Ava. I knew the shit had to scare her but I wanted to at least let me comfort her or for her to even comfort me.

"Bruh I don't know what you know about my sister so I'm not gone go in details. But I will say that's how she processes shit. She won't let you in. You got to just let her come to you." He told me.

"So it's true she running shit?" I asked him curiously.

Dre laughed. "Yep." was all he said. He took another pull from his blunt and inhaled. "She must be feeling you because no one really knows anything but that she's my sister. Lucky you."

"But why is she so upset? I didn't know I was putting her at danger when I asked her to stay over last night. If I knew I would have been strapped and had my alarm on." I tried to explain.

"Bruh chill. Trust me she can handle her own. But I will tell you one thing. She will not rest until she has killed whoever shot you." He told me bluntly before standing up.

"So what she gone put out a hit on them or something?" I asked worriedly. I was quietly praying that's not what she was saying when she said she was going to handle some business. Damn man I got to give my moms a heads up.

"A hit man?" Dre laughed and walked towards the door. "Nigga she is the HIT man."

*************************************

More chapters coming soon!!!!I hope you are enjoying the book so far!!!Please comment and vote. I will be doing a contest raffle when the story reaches a 1,000 views!! Stay tuned!!!!