A Monster To Kill A Bunny To Eat

It is windy, and the charcoal gray clouds above has already turned everyone away in to the safety of their homes with fright. If the sky has not scared them off is was the howling wind that always comes right before a terrible storm. Yet I stand there outside watching the dead, dry leaves swirl around my black combat boots. I have on gray skinny jeans, a dark purple shirt and a black leather jacket, the best hunting outfit ever. My black hair is flying around my face, and in moments blocking the view of what is off in the distance. I can tell that it is a monster too far to pinpoint, but it's bad, that's all I know, and all I need to know.

       Drawing my bow, and taking a risk to check behind me makes me feel even more alone than I am already. When I turn back and take aim, a smirk spreads across my face. It has a chance to get away, to run, to get as far away from here as it can, to have the chance to escape his death, his fate, to live. Monsters are stupid. I let the arrow fly, and it dies bursting into a thick cloud of black dust. The wind is picking up stronger now threatening to blow me over. The dust that the monster exploded into whips me in the face. The sense of death was hangs in the air more than it did before.

       After the long walk back to my hunter tent I am exercised, though there is still work to be done. Rabbit seems good for tonight's dinner, a perfect amount of food for me. The most effective way to get dinner and get everything else done is to set up a snare, and it is the smartest idea. I pull out my knife from my boot and start on the snare, when suddenly the feeling of being watched washes over me. When I get up to check around, no one is there, so I head back to the snare worried with a bad feeling. After I finish, the knife gets slipped back into my boot. The one and only good thing about not having all the huntresses around is that there is no need to worry about or bother with a deer, or anything like that, but since no one is here I have to do all of the chores.

        Glancing up at the sky, it is noticeably worse, the trees above me are shaking and branches are threatening to fall. It is freezing, and I know it is bound to get colder, so I start on a fire. The stupid fire takes about a half half longer than it should, and that is only just a flame. It takes twenty minutes further to have a somewhat decent fire with warmth.

        I sit by the flames and watch them flicker, and when I do my inventory check I realize my supplies are low, extremely low. Everything I had from medical supplies to arrows to gold drachmas to clothing are almost all gone, that makes my situation worse than it already was. I grab for my backpack with all of my stuff in it and put it on, I have a feeling running will be needed soon. Then it hits me, the rabbit snare is intended to be checked. When I head to the trap, I see a limp white rabbit with gray spots, lying dead. After cleaning, skinning, and cooking the poor thing, I go to take a bite but my head turns to something I hear in the woods and I stand up and grab my bow. Before the sound, the storm was starting to die down but the wind picks up again and blows me right over like rotten tree leaves in winter. Struggling to get up I see a blur run past me and into the woods. I am arming myself, getting ready for a fight, and I start pacing around my camp. That is when I first realize my camp is gone, my rabbit, my fire, my tent, everything, besides my bow and backpack which is on me. The clearing is the same though, so what happened to all I had left?

        I am so confused but the blur shows in the corner of my eye, and heads deeper into the woods. I turn my head vigorously towards it's direction and aim. Reflexes take over, and an arrow is shot. It hits with a thud, and I sprint to see what I killed. Then CRASH, I run into a tree, my head is in so much pain, and my vision is blurred but I can make out an arrow in another tree. All I hit was tree, I can not move, I am definitely going to black out but right before I do, the face of what I meant to kill comes into view.

Disclaimer: I do not own Thalia. However the black combat boots are all mine. DO NOT STEAL THEM!!!

Also this is the first thing I have ever posted. Could you guys please tell me how it is, ideas for the next chapter, and what characters from Rick's books you want to see? And if it should be scraped, mistakes, if it's good or not, though its probably really bad (I know my writing sucks), the point is just comment and let me know what you all think. And ya I know blood of Olympus is out soon but whatever.

Thanks for reading

Octaivangirl