Prologue

If this is how it felt to be dead, I wish that I had never been born. I wish even the thought of me had never existed. Then I wouldn't have to suffer in this house. This God forsaken house with the rest of its victims. All of us had no choice. We didn't get to choose how our lives ended. This house did it for us. Every single one of us would be stuck here. Forever. Probably even longer. No choice but to live in this house. Under its control. No Heaven or even Hell for that matter. No happy ever afters or love. Just deceit. Lies. Hurt.

This house had been condemned by someone horrid. Maybe even the Devil himself. You know they say the Devil is just a fallen angel. He was nice and kind until he sinned. In Heaven, sin isn't taken as lightly as it is here on Earth. You were accepted into the Kingdom by God Himself. He let you come into His Home and then you disobeyed Him. So you get sent to Hell. The exact opposite of Heaven. A land of fire and torture. No happiness. Just pain. Like this house.

For us, we're stuck in time. Never moving on. Never changing. The same, forever. No choices. No Heaven. Just Hell. This house was Hell on Earth. And we were its victims. All of us. Perhaps we would have been God's favorite too. Just like the Devil once was. But now we're all just the Devil's pawns. In his horrible game of life. Ironic, right? That we're dead but technically still alive. 

It kinda makes you wonder... How exactly did the Devil become ruler of the Underworld? Was his crime so horrid, so unthinkable that all the other sinners bowed to him in defeat? Was he the greatest sinner of all time?  

We don't even get a second chance to live in eternity. We're spending eternity stuck here, haunting the place we once called home. The place we trusted that would keep us safe. It turned its back on us.

We had no choice. And now we're dead.