Accept reality and move forward

Disclaimer: I do not own anything Marvel, D.C, or anything I borrowed from other media

Accept reality and move forward

Today was it; Matt Murdock was finally going to marry the love of his life. With his best friend Foggy, who is dating Karen and is his best man alongside his other friends Jessica and Luke, who are together, with Danny and his girlfriend Misty Knight, and his parents, they all came to support the lawyer special day. The music finally hits, and all the attention turns to the bride, and all Matt could do was smile widely at the lovely sight he was seeing. In the most beautiful dress ever, Matt watches as his wife walk towards him as if an angel came down to earth to be with him. Once she stood facing him, the wedding proceeds with the two exchanging vows and giving each other their rings.

The music finally hits, and all the attention turns to the bride, and all Matt can do was smile widely at the sight he is seeing. In the most beautiful dress ever, Matt watches as his soon-to-be wife walks towards him as if an angel came down to earth to be with him. Once she stood facing him, the wedding proceeds with the two exchanging vows and giving each other their rings.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife; you made now kiss the bride." Father Lantom said in a proud tone as Matt remove his wife's veil to reveal her heaven-like face.

The two lean in and kiss each other passionately, with everyone cheering them on. Once the kiss ended, Matt's wife looks into his eyes and tells him softly, "I love you so much, Matt."

That's when Matt could feel tears coming from his eyes as reality set in. His vision went from pure normal to, as he would describe, a world on fire with his friends and family disappearing as well as the scenery around him. Realizing what this meant, he holds onto his now-wife tightly and whispers before she turns to fire, "I love you too... Claire."

*End of dream*

Matt wakes up with tears in his eyes, with his vision back to his usual blindness. "Just a dream. Hell, that's probably the only way that all would ever happen." Matt mutters with sadness in his voice. In his dream, Matt lived in a world where he never became blind and both his parents weren't around, which meant he never became Daredevil. The main highlight in his dream is that he was happy and would be even more pleased with Claire being his wife.

"Claire..." Matt begins to think back to the night that Claire had found him in a dumpster and saved him from what could have been the end for him. From there, the two started to grow a bond despite them leaving two different worlds.

Flashback

"You worry about me?" Matt curiously asks while Claire continues to patch him up.

"What if I were?" Claire questions back, not wanting to give away her answer too fast.

"I would tell you that I am a big boy, and not to be," Matt said with a smile that masks his true feelings.

Right, and that's why you keep ending up here?" Claire questions with a smile.

"Well, maybe I just like the sound of your voice," Matt admits knowing that even without being able to see that Claire is a beautiful woman and her voice confirms that for him.

Flash in

"Her voice always does sound peaceful." Matt smiles softly at the sound of her voice. He didn't even have to know how she looks to know that she was beautiful inside and out and with a personality that seems to match his. At that time, Matt was slowly warming up to the nurse to where he told her his actual name after she got kidnapped."