Chapter 1: Welcome​ To​ The​ World​(Of​ Remnant)​

The Name of the Game

a RWBY/The Gamer crossover, SI.

Arc 1: New Game +

Chapter 1: Welcome to the World (of Remnant)

'Why do I smell a hospital?'

My first thought on waking was that where ever I was smelled like antiseptic and sick people—opening my eyes confirmed my suspicion. Currently, I shared a small hospital room with one other person—blonde, female, probably in her mid-twenties if I had to guess. The girl sat sleeping in a chair at my bedside, dressed in what looked to my eyes like some sort of cosplay—very, very high quality cosplay. She was tall, or would be when she stood, and wore armored greaves, bracers, spaulders, gauntlets, and a breast plate—in addition to a metal head piece of some sort. However, under the armor, were fairly normal street clothes one would expect on a girl her age—jeans, a white hoodie, high-heeled leather boots, and a belt. What was most out of place, however, was the text hovering over her head.

The Eldest Deadly Sister

Divine Aegis

Joan Arc

Level: ?

My eyes darted back and forth between the words, her face, and her armor several times.

Ding!

I froze, eyes going wide as they tracked a sudden obstruction of my view of the girl. The obstruction in question was a box—blue, semi-transparent, with white text.

[Alert: A skill has been created through a special action! Observing someone or something for a prolonged period has created the skill Observe!]

I stared. When it refused to go away, I found the [X] in the upper right hand corner of the window and tapped it. Immediately, another box popped up under the first.

[Observe: Level 1. Active. Through continuous observation, a skill to observe objects, situations, and persons was generated allowing the user to quickly gather information. The higher the skill, the greater the data obtained.]

Narrowing my eyes, I tapped the close button again and turned my gaze away from Miss Arc. Closing my eyes, I focused inward to think. 'Okay. So. What do we know? Firstly: I'm in a hospital. Secondly: there's a cute cosplayer I don't recognize in my room. Thirdly…'

Ding!

[Alert: A skill has been created through a special action! By turning your focus inward, you have created the skill Meditate!]

[Meditate: Level 1. Active. Through continuous inner focus, a skill to sharpen focus, order thoughts, and increase clarity of mind and awareness of body was created. Passive effect: increases VIT, INT, WIS by 20%. Active effect: while meditating, increase HP and MP regeneration rate by 100%.]

Sighing quietly, I reached out and closed the boxes before returning to my… meditation.

Ding!