Chapter​ 2: Training Montage(part 1)

The Name of the Game

a RWBY/The Gamer crossover, SI.

Arc 1: New Game +

Chapter 2: Training Montage (part I)

Smack.

Smack.

Smack.

[Repeated struggle has caused your VIT to increase by 1!]

"Onee-sama, how long is onii-chan going to keep doing that?"

Joan sighed, shaking her head. "I don't know, dear."

Leaning closer to me, she watched as I drove my forehead into the palm of my hand again with a meaty smack. "Did I break him?"

"No, Jun, I think your brother is just being overly dramatic," she deadpanned, drawing my attention and coincidentally bringing a halt to my self-harm at the prospect of my Semblance setting me up for first class tickets straight to the special hell—the one reserved for child molesters, and people who talk in the theater.

"Ha. Ha ha ha, haaaa. Ha," I returned, equally deadpan. "You're not the one whose Semblance just ordered them first class tickets to the special hell."

Joan rolled her eyes. "It can't be that bad."

Grabbing her arm, I pulled her outside of hearing range from Jun before pulling up the quest details and quietly reading them off. "It's that bad," I finished.

"Pfft, no," Joan countered. "Bad would be if there were no out. But right there at the end, it gives you the option to let her down gently. You don't have to do the quest, just because it's there. You can either intentionally fail it, or fulfill the requirements for letting Jun down without breaking her heart."

I shook my head, gesturing towards the smaller redhead, who was not at all even pretending to not be eavesdropping. "I don't think that's possible. And if it is, I have no idea how to do it before I go to Beacon."

"Jaune, you don't have to," she pointed out. When I shot her a confused look, she asked, "Is there a time limit?"

"No..." I admitted, my mind slowly spinning up to turn out ways to deal with the situation. If there was no time limit, the situation may just resolve itself…

Great minds think alike, as Joan finished my thought for me, "Then take some advice from your 'onee-sama,' and ignore it until it sorts itself out. Besides, if she's 'dating' you, she's not out there dating some other boy."

Despite the fact that until I woke up in Remnant I hadn't even known these people, familial loyalty reared its head—it was something I remember being raised with from a young age. Family means everything. Which made me wonder, why on Earth or Remnant didn't I care that I didn't remember my own family? I had lived on my own for ten years before waking up here, but I recall being close to them… No, I was done worrying about it. If I came across something leading me to figure it out, great. If not, I would have to accept it and move on. My choice was made, after all. "I suppose you're right..." I paused, then shot her a suspicious look. "That is why you all made the onesie, isn't it? Not out of love, but to scare off any potential girlfriends."