Page 9

The next morning...

· Mark: Are you sure you don't want to stay a while longer?

 · The two were on the steps of the house with Ryan's bag in hand. 

· Ryan: Thanks again for letting me stay with you, but we need to be prepared for the Demon Slayer Exam.

· Mark's pleading expression turned to confusion. 

· Mark: We? · Before Ryan could even think of an excuse for hade's Simon came bursting through the door with a small bag on his back.
· Simon: Yea dad. I'm going too. 

· Mark looked as if he was about to faint.

· Mark: you're are absolutely not! Do you know how dangerous becoming a demon slayer is? You don't even have the proper training!

· Simon: That's why I'm going to the fight tower with Ryan!

· Simon put on a determined face. It was obvious he was not backing down from this fight.

· Mark: Fine! Make sure you call in everyday! Also send pictures every week for bumps or bruises.

· Ryan stood there realizing that he had absolute no say in this what so ever.· Before they knew it they were already in the city, standing in front of a humongous tower.

· Ryan: This is it.

· Simon: No turning back now.

· The two friends walked inside of the building and were more surprised than ever.

· Ryan had at first pictured a large arena filled with a crowd of drunk muscle heads cheering and booing at two idiots in speedo's fight. Instead he found a hotel like place neat and filled with businessman in suits along with waiters and waitresses in proper serving attire carrying and offering drinks. A man wearing a business coat gently confronted the two and began talking.

· Employee: I'm sorry children, but I think you have the wrong building.

· Ryan: No this is the right one. We are here for the fight tower.

· The employee began to laugh until he saw there faces and realized they were serious.· Employee: *Nervous* Right this way please.

· He directed the two towards the front desk who had a lady sitting there taking a call.

· Desk women: How may I help you for today? I'm sorry but residents are only for contestants.· Simon: We know. We just needed the signup sheet.

· Desk woman: I'm sorry but aren't you a little too young to contending?

· Ryan: The door sign says all ages allowed.· Desk woman: Yes, but-

· She realized that there was nothing she could say. She gave them a room key and begin telling them the rules.

· Desk woman: You have three months to take on a challenge. If you don't compete by then you will be booted from the tower.

· The two nodded acknowledging her rules. They then took their keys and headed toward their rooms.