Sara POV chapter 4

'Okay, I'll repeat. I'm very sorry what I did. I won't do stupid jokes anymore. Amin,' I said seriously,' Will you forgive me?'  

'Maybe', she began, 'I'm stuck with that boy now! You put me in trouble!'  

'Majda, it's not that bad! It's just a guy! A living creature, how is Sultan, If I may ask.'  

'Well, he is very...'  

The front door was slammed.  

Dad is at home.  

I ended the call. 

My heart began to beat harder. I heard my mother running to the balcony, she knew that she will be safe there for dad. Dad can't yell or beat her in the balcony, people outside may hear them. Dad's footsteps were loud and quick, they exactly stopped in front of my door. I froze for a few seconds. 

What's  he going to do? 

A knock on my door. The fear took over my body and made me incapable of speaking. A second knock. I still stood frozen in the middle of my chamber with my phone in my hand. The door opened and Waleed appeared. I sighed in relief. 

'Why didn't you just open the door after I knocked. For the first time I listen to your stupid demands and it's still not okay. Next time I just open the door, no matter what.' Waleed rubbed in his eyes, trying to rub away his sleep. 

'What do you want from me?' I knew that Waleed didn't came for a nice chat.  

'I want to call someone with your phone, I don't have credit anymore.' I frowned. 'There is something called whatsapp or viber, they're free if you have wifi.' Waleed sighed and looked at me like I was an annoying kid who didn't understand quickly. 'Do you think I'm stupid? I won't come here if those services where a possibility. I need your phone. Now.' I got irritated , what did he think? Just walk into my room and ask angrily for my phone. Who is that person he wanted to contact so badly? 

''Who are you going to call?' 

'None of your business.' 

'Well, go away. You don't get my phone.' I put my phone under my cushion and lied on my bed. Waleed was still standing in my chamber.

After a few moments Waleed came to the beginning of my bed and held his hand out. A little gesture to let me know that this is the last time he's asking peacefully for my phone. I just stared coldly back, determined to not give him anything. I just messed up an apologize call because of him. Suddenly I felt his fingers around my head, He harshly pulled up my hair and quickly grabbed my phone from under my cushion. I screamed in pain, my eyes were filled with tears. Then Waleed went out my room like nothing happened. I lied down again, there was no point following him. It just will end in a fight and he will surely win. I'm not strong enough to attack those big biceps. I heard a door slamming. Fine, he went away with my phone...                                                                                                                                              A soft hand touched my forehead. I woke up from my nap, 'mom?', I said with a sleepy voice. 'Wake up, dinner is ready.' I nodded and yawned. 'Was baba at home?' She asked carefully. 'No it was just Waleed.' I noticed her nervousness. Then I remembered he had still my phone. 'Is he back home?'

'baba?'

'No, Waleed.'

'No he's still not at home, why did you scream before he left?'

'Eh nothing, Waleed was just annoying and attacked me.' My mother shook her head in disappointment and headed to the dinner room. I silently followed her.

We were waiting a half hour at the dinner table. Baba and Waleed were still not at home. Asma has eaten already and was brought by me in bed. I sighed. 'Shall we just eat? It's getting cold.' Mama sat there confused, not knowing what to do. 'We will leave something for dad and Waleed, it's not a big deal.' My stomach was begging me to eat something from this delicious food mama made. Mama nodded and we began to eat. A few moments later dad came in. We both stopped with eating. Mama looked ashamed infront of her, I was waiting at a reaction from dad. Was he still mad at mom? Dad washed his hands in the kitchen and sat opposite of us. He just joined us, he didn't say a word not even a salaam. I didn't know wether this means he is in a good mood or not. We ate further after dad ate a few bites of the food. 'It's cold!' He said angrily. He raised his hand in the air, but mom  stood up direclty and picked the meal to heat it up. She dodged his hand and she left me alone with dad, also. I looked at my hands, I was scared and hated him for acting like an impatient kid. Minutes passed by, it looked like mom left ages ago to reheat the food. 'How was school?' Dad broke the deadly silence by asking the standard questions. He never asked me more than school, like I don't have a life after school. 'Good, we got a project.'                   

'Don't fail, you have to do your best.'

'I know baba.'

Dad looked at his watch. 'Where is Waleed?'

'Outside.'

Mom came back with the food and we ate in silence. When we finished and cleaned, Waleed came in. 'Where have you been?' Dad asked sharply. Waleed wanted to go to his room, but stopped when the sharp vioice of dad echoed in the room. 'Outside.' Dad definetly was not going to like this short and brutal answer. 'How many times did I tell you to not hang with those bad guys! Think a moment about what you're going to do with your life!'

'I was not with friends outside! I had stuff to do!' Waleed was avoiding the truth and he was searching to another topic. He tossed my phone at me. 'Angela wants to go out with you friday night.' Waleed went out of the room.

Dad and mom looked at me in confusion.

oh you... If I'm going to get you...

 'Give me your phone.' Dad commanded. My fingers held my phone tightly. 'Do you really believe him? He just want to detain the attention from him.Do you really think I've time for something like that, I've a serious study unlike that donkey downstairs.' My father just looked a few seconds at me in my eyes. 'I dont know what to do with these kids.' This was directed to my mom. 'Can't you even watch Waleed, when I'm at work?. Is it that hard?' He stood up from his chair and firstly  it seemed that he walked to mom, but he passes her and walked downstairs to Waleed. We heard dad yelling at Waleed and Waleed even yelled back. Mom and I shared an scared glare, what did he think he was? I was not sure wether dad will slap him, because dad doesn't beat him so often, but it was otherwise for the girls in this house. His yelling was followed up by a slap and then deadly silence. I was astonished that dad actually has beaten him, but also satisfied. He's just asking for it. My mother sighted and went to the kitchen. 'Always those beatings.' She mumbled. I went to my room and lied on my bed, I checked my phone. Angela really sent me an message about the party and Waleed has responded to her. I didn't understand it anymore, Waleed has answered that I will go and sleep over in her house. Angela was totally excited and said that she couldn't wait. I closed my eyes, 'Oh my Gooood', I said outloud in confussion.
---------------------------------------------
Salaaam!That was chapter 4, what do you guys think about this story so far? It will get more exciting, in sha Allah! Till next week, in sha Allah!