ten

word count: 4,500

vote; comment; enjoy.

I stopped at my front door, turning to wait for Harry to catch up. I bit my lip as the nerves started to hit me all at once. "Apparently my dad's here," I said when he was in front of me. "I really, like, don't wanna talk to him. And I doubt you want to meet my dad right now. He's gonna bombard us with questions so can we try to get to my room as quickly and quietly as possible?"

He nodded, and I turned, punching in the code to unlock the door. I ushered him inside, clicked it shut gently, and began Operation: Avoid Dad. It was going rather smoothly, until I tripped over my own two feet. Harry proved to have excellent reflexes though, because he caught me before I fell to the floor. It was the bewildered look on his face that made a giggle fly out of lips before I could stop it. I was quick to throw my hands over my mouth with wide eyes, but the damage was already done.

"Princess? Is that you? Come here I need to talk to you."

"Shit," I sent an apologetic look Harry's way. "I fucked up. I guess you'll have to meet my dad after all. Unless you wanna wait here.....?"

He looked to be considering it, but ended up shaking his head. This didn't surprise me, he seemed to be a people's person, and I doubt he was one to get anxious around famous people. I walked towards the living room where my father's voice had come from. He was sitting on the the recliner, watching some ancient film documentary. He was dressed very casually as if he's been sleeping here. Him and Mom must be on good terms again. "Hey Daddy," I walked over to give him a kiss on the cheek.

He gazed at me strangely. "Hello." I tried to keep my smile from turning into a grimace as he looked up and down at my attire, raising a brow. I knew what he was thinking, he always had such a way of speaking with his facial expression. "How was your night?"

"Good."

He looked at me then towards Harry before slowly settling on me again."I'm glad you had a good time. You gonna introduce me to your friend?"

"Oh, right, sorry. This is my friend Harry Styles, he's staying next door. Harry, this is my Father Freddie Milan."

Harry smiled that charming ass smile of his, coming over to shake my dad's hand, "It's nice to meet you, Mr.Milan. I'm a huge fan of your work."

"I see you have taste then."

I rolled my eyes at my dad's cockiness. "Harry's in a band. They're gonna get so big. He's super talented," I gushed.

The look of distaste on my father's face took me by surprise. "Great," he said. "My daughter's BFFs with a rock and roller. As if you don't have enough people around you to negatively influence you."

I scowled, crossing my arms. Harry's expression almost sent me into a panic. He looked so uneasy. "He's just joking," I reassured. "Daddy, tell him you're joking."

"I'm joking."

"See." Harry smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. I could tell he was still uncomfortable. I glared at the reason who had his feet up and a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Ricardo was here earlier."

"I know."

"I don't like him very much."