GOODNIGHT: A FAMILY OF FOUR

I live in a little town in the middle of Pennsylvania; and like all little towns, it has its own legends and folklore. You know monsters, demons, mysterious topics, paranormal things happening, and gruesome murder stories.

 I particularly like this one story; GOODNIGHT.

GOODNIGHT: A family of four.

 There was a small family of four.

A father, who worked a good paying job and was kind to everyone he met. His most valuable asset was his loyalty and smile, his smile was as bright as the sun, but twinkled like the stars themselves.

A mother, who was soft-spoken and kind to all living things. She had a voice of golden silk that rang in the most wondrous tones when she opened her mouth. No matter what she did; talk, sing, or even laugh, it was wonderful.

Lastly, a set of Identical twins.

The oldest twin, was a boy. He had the traits of his father; the spitting image matter of fact. The only thing in common with his mother was the birth mark on his neck and that wondrous ring. He had the attitude of a hyperactive kid. Now the youngest twin, a girl, on the other hand was almost like her brother, aside from gender and hair color. She had her mother’s hair tone that was darkened due to her father’s hair gene. Same birthmark as her brother and her mother, same wondrous ring.

Sounds peaceful enough, right?

Finally the day had come for the little twins, the day all kids love, their fifth birthday. It was late, the family had just finished their dinner. It was time for the children to open their presents and blow out the candles. Their faces beamed at all the cake, presents, and fun they had.

After the twins were tucked safely in bed, the mother and father cleaned the mess from the party until—a bang resonated from the front door. Too bad for that happy family… they should know that on a full moon, at least one bad thing MUST happen.

Screams echoed throughout the house, waking the poor children from their peaceful slumber. The shouts, yells, screaming, hollering-whatever you want to call it- continued. The children quietly crept out from the shared room and made it to the room with the sounds in question.

The sight was unholy for the young children.

The father was laying on the ground, bloody and battered. The mother was currently being gagged and sedated with light blue liquid. The mother’s eyes widened once she saw the twins, she attempted to yell for them to run, but sadly it was muffled by the dirty rag in her mouth. The assailant ignored her, watching as the liquid took full effect. The children watched as their mother cried and seized before falling to the ground. The assailant turned to the children and decided their fate.

Police were called to investigate a disturbance in a resident area, this is the report.

Father, Zaiden Cooper, was brutally beaten with a baseball bat (according to the forensics report) was impaled into the living room wall; punctured through the forehead, and each of his limbs.

Mother, Samantha Cooper, was injected with a serum called, “Drano”. Which enters the victim’s blood stream and cause them to have a seizure before going into cardiac arrest. She was found dismembered and beheaded.

Two suspects missing: Prosper Cooper, Shaylean Cooper; Identical twins.

Later that month, police found two small burnt human remains in the forest. They had found the Cooper children. A year passed, and strange things started to happen, new murders were popping up. CSI teams made the most irrational discovery yet, the Cooper Twins’ DNA was found in ALL crime scenes.

Over the years, the town warned people from going outside at night during the summer months. Warning to never go to a suspicious figure during the night who was dressed in a black hoodie, sometimes two figures. The Cooper murders have grown the most gruesome during the nights of June, leaving the town to call them one thing, “The Gemini Twins.” It was later discovered/revealed that the Gemini Twins’ birthday was in fact sometime during June, causing them to go on a murderous rampage, seeing it was the same day and month they were killed.

Local teens have said they have seen the Twins, but not as small children; as fully grown teens. Some describe them to wear a black hoodie with the hood all the way up and a simple white mask. The mask has only a simple face; two circle where the eyes should be and a line for the mouth.

Now I only have one tip.

If you go out at night during the middle of June on a full moon, against all warnings told and see one of US

It would be time to say GOODNIGHT….

                        ….and we would be…..

                                                 …the last thing….

                                                                        You’ll ever see.

                                                                                                    "Goodnight"