Breaking The Ice

We've settled into a new camping area around the Fire and Wind tribe. Yoon wanted to look into a new medical plant, heard it could cure simple colds, along with healing deep wounds in battle. A magical plant I would say.

Currently, Yoon is searching around the area for this magical plant, and the others are hunting for dinner. As for the Princess and me, we're setting up the tents.

I look at the Princess from the other side of the tent, "Princess tug on the fabric a little more over there, we need this to be even so it doesn't fall."

"Kay," she tuggs on the right side.

I've still been trying to accept the fact that this girl loves me. Sometimes I wake up and find that confession a joke, tell myself it obviously was, but realize it's real.

I secure the rope that is holding up the tent together, "we're good here, let's go look for the others. Should be having dinner in a few."

"Uh-huh, I'll go look for Yoon."

. . .

"Hak, go sleep with Yona tonight."

I turn my gaze from the firepit to him. "Shut it Droopy-eyes."

". . .There might be attackers. There are still some who desire us and Yona."

"I'll know when they come. I don't need to be beside her."

"You'll have to come to her at some point, I might just snatch her away."

"Yeah, yeah. Quit bugging me."

"I only wish the best for Yona Dear." He begins to stand up. "Well then, I'm going to get some shut-eye. Night."

"Yeah. Think I'll be doing the same. See you in the morning, g'night."

I get to my feet and start walking to the river right next to where we set camp. Although it is a bit chilly, there isn't a cloud in the sky, and a full moon is shining above us.

Dinner was great, had some kind of bird stew. Without Yoon, I wouldn't know how we could hold up. This journey of survival would be tough if it were just me and the Princess, how would I protect her alone without these hooligans and Yoon?

It feels like it was yesterday when me and the Princess ran away from the castle. Lots of things happened since then.

"Mister?"

I look up, "washing up?"

"Zeno likes the fresh water here."

Coming down to my knee, I cup my hands to get some water. "Refreshing."

"Ah," he starts to dry his hands with a cloth. "Dinner was great and now Zeno is sleepy."

"Get some sleep. Yoon said we're visiting another village tomorrow right? Needs som-"

"Did the mister talk to her yet?"

"What."

"The Miss will be lonely."

"Huh."

He starts walking away from the river. "Zeno's gonna go now, need lots of rest for tomorrow."

I look back at the water, not looking in his direction, "g'night."

"-Miss! Come to wash your face too? Mister's by the river-Zeno's gonna sleep, g'night!"

Looking up, I see the Princess with a wash cloth in her hand. Droppy-eyes and Zeno both mentioning to talk to her annoys me. Although she confessed to me, it didn't mean anything changed between us. What was I supposed to say?