01

Chapter one•
"Welcome to Charming "

Jolene drove suspiciously through town. It was pretty tiny of a town, the hospital wasn't lying. Neither was google saying the population is well under 10,000. To be honest, She was pretty excited but also nervous about starting a new life.New job.New house. New town. Hoping this would be a good start for her, she prayed it wouldn't end up like San Antonio.

"Destination is on the left, you have arrived." Jolene pulled into the yellow two story house and wondered how the witness protection program could afford things like this. They allowed her to keep Jolene, but her last name was Hernandez anymore, it was Alexander.

Taking a deep breath , Jolene turned off her Dodge Charger and got out, grabbing her bag. Bouncing her keys in her hand. She decided she would head on inside, before unloading the car.

"Wow" she mumbled to herself , the house was huge, and beautiful. Granted she would have to furnish it all, which thankfully they pay for out of their own pocket when she meets with them twice a week. Monday's and Friday's. She walked upstairs, looking at each and every room, 3 bedroom , 3 bath with a lovely fenced in back yard. Two car garage.

Unloading each and every bag and box from the backseat, passenger seat, and trunk of her car. She quickly placed them all in the appropriate rooms before googling the closest grocery store, and Gpsing her way there.

Jolene waits in line as the older woman is putting all of her groceries onto the line, the cashier who looks like she enjoys her job rang each and every item up and bagged them. Keeping conversation the entire time. She knows the detective told her that charming is by far the last place her husband would look for her , so she should start her life, make friends, be normal again. But how do you move on from something like that ? Jolene wanted to have a life, a home, but she was scared. Always. Scared .

When it was her turn to check out, she placed every item onto the line and stood there watching the price go up.

"Are you new to town ?" The woman asked, her name tag read "Heidi".

"I am." Jolene smiled and paid with cash. Hurriedly walking away from Heidi, and too her car.

"Excuse me, miss ?" A brunette woman in black leather boots stopped her while she was putting the bags in the backseat. She was holding a bag.

"Can I help you ?" Jolene asked with a small , forced smile. The woman had a scar going straight down her chest and highlights in her hair.

"You forgot this bag. Wanted to catch you before you drove off, welcome to charming, by the way." Jolene smiled.

"That's very kind of you, and thanks" Taking the bag and putting it in the back seat, the woman nodded and headed back inside, while Jolene headed home.

Jolene played on her phone while she lay on a bed made of a sleeping bag and two comforters . And one to cover up with , and her red silk pillow. Her hair was up in a bun, and she had her glasses on. Trying to read all she could on the town of Charming, California. Before getting comfortable and ready to sleep and ready for her new job tomorrow morning.