Yuanfen

3rd Person

Elena was always a good girl, she always got good grades and was never ever late to anything until she noticed that it was slightly, a little, just barely a quarter past 7, knowing she was supposed to be at the school at 7 and keeping in mind that she lives 30 minutes away from the school, Elena could not help but worry. She could leave at this very moment after all she has her hair done, her makeup perfectly placed, her shoes fit just fine along with the yoga pants and t-shirt.....WHAT , YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT ELENA THE MAIN CHARACTER IS WEARING YOGA PANTS BEFORE THE BIGGEST DAY OF THE YEAR! Alright I've gotten over it, a little,*grumble, grumble*

Anyway back to Elena. At this time Elena is pacing back and forth in her room, and looking out the window every 30 seconds waiting for her brother to arrive with her dress. The most beautiful dress that Elena could personally ever own.

When she saw this dress for the first time she was walking in the mall, looking specifically for a blue dress with black lace around the front, a single strap across the right sleeve, a white trim on the edge of the perfectly ruffled, perfectly sized somewhat ball gown skirt with a small train that would twirl slightly when spinning and a V-neck line that went no further down than the average sleeve of a t-shirt. At the moment Elena knew exactly what she wanted, but in a couple of moments she would walk past the most beautiful dress she had seen in real life. Instead of blue it was a nice shade of pink similar to salmon but not peach or flamingo most likely blush, the perfect shade of pink for that one dress, with white lace along the front and sleeves and slightly on the skirt, with a square neck line, an A-line silhouette, with sleeves that went no farther than her elbow, the skirt slightly fluffy but still has a trail short enough that when she spins it twirls as wanted but falls perfectly back down and will follow her no matter where she walks. When she walked passed it, she thought nothing of it but her being herself had to take a few steps back and look at that dress a little closer. Noticing many of the swirls and curls the lace did, the length of the train, the fluffiness, the sleeves, color, neck line, she knew it was not what she wanted but decided to try it on. As soon as she saw herself in the perfectly blush dress she knew that was the dress she wanted, forgetting all about the dress she had in mind.

Now back to present-day Elena, this time she looked out the window and saw her brother's junky car and ran outside careful not to ruin the braids that led into a spectacular messy bun that was supposed to be that way. Without letting him blink or breath or park or stop the car she rushed in, snatched her dress, ran back inside. There she hurried her mother to zip up and button the dress, rush-idly fix the skirt , and did a quick twirl to make sure her skirt still twirled the way she wanted it too, and for your information it did. On her way out the door, she picked up the car keys, kissed her family goodbye, and carefully, quickly, not breaking any laws, along with following the speed limit rushed to the school.

    When she had finally arrived it was 7:52 and everyone had already arrived most likely 10 minutes earlier than supposed to because that is what most people did around here. When she rushed into the school as quiet and unnoticeable as she possibly could, Elena spotted her friends and approached with caution, she tapped her friend Lizbeth on the left shoulder because her right shoulder was uncovered and naturally Elena had quite cold fingers. Lizbeth turned around obviously surprised to see the face of an almost 40 minute late Elena which still had almost perfectly placed makeup with the exception that some of her rosy-nude lipstick had faded and the corner of her eyebrow was a little higher up than wanted but pay no mind to that. Elena had noticed the Lizbeth was wearing a light yellow dress, with a v-neck line that went not too far down, and a skirt that went to her ankles and twirled delightly. Before Elena could catch her breath she caught the eye of Sebastian her brown headed, blue eyed, B-average boyfriend of 1.6 years.
"Liz hide me, Sebs' coming." Elena squealed as she turned Lizbeth to face away from her and ducked hoping Sebastian could not see her. Lizbeth turned around and southernly but properly said,
"Gosh darn, Lena. Get up, you are makin' a fool a yourself." she reached down and grasped Elena's arm, pulling her up just in time for Sebastian to stand straight up in front of the girls. He smoothed his hair, and placed his hand with interconnected fingers in front of his stomach, cleared his throat and said
"Elena, there you are. I was looking for you when we were being paired up. I couldn't find ya, so I got paired with Lydia Smallman. You are going to have to speak with the supervisor to get a dance partner, I think Garridan Wick needs a partner. Sorry babe, I know you don't like him very much." he placed his hands around Elena's, gave her a sympathetic look and walked away. Lizbeth decided to put in her expertise,
"Lena, you shoulda' been here earlya then maybe you could dance with Seb instead of Smallman dancing with him. Why were you so late anyway? I know, you better not say that it had to do with that adorable dress that looks great on you." she used her arm to motion towards Elena's dress.
"Well..." Elena began to say, tilting her head ever so slightly, quickly Lizbeth interrupted "Oh no, you didn't. You weren't late to the biggest dance in the county of the year because of a dress!" she yelled. Trying her hardest not to ruin Liz's makeup, Elena placed her hand over her mouth to quiet her best friend,
"Shut it, Liz." Elena whispered, looking around her to make sure no one was staring.
"Alright everybody, get with your predetermined partner for the first waltz." The pristine supervisor announced, with the tap of a glass filled with carbonated water to replace but still represent champagne, although the school does not, will not, and will never encourage underage drinking. Elena seemed to have glided to a table where she sat and watched the room full of people pair together as the supervisor introduced the instructor and students watched as the other supervisors piled in from their "break". The instructor was quiet enough to where Elena did hear her, but not as much as the other students could hear her more than fine. Elena drifted to her own dream world as she sat there watching with her hands placed left on top of right on her lap.