One

Scarlett, with the use of her cane, walked alongside her father, James. The two walked through the glass doors of Stark Industries into the lobby. Their dress shoes and Scarlett's cane clicked against the marble floors as they made their way past the decorative chairs and art to the sleek desk. As the reached the receptionist, Scarlett readjusted the button on the front of her all back suit.

"Building is secure," David said through the comms in the team's ears.

"Mr. Von Brandt," he said to greet them. "Mr. Parker is expecting you. Take the elevator to the top floor."

"Thank you," James nodded as the two began to head to the elevator. Once inside, he pressed the top floor and leaned against the wall as the doors shut.

"Are you sure about this?" Scarlett asked while positioning her cane in front of her to rest both of her hands on it.

The elevator stopped signaling someone was going to enter. Scarlett stepped in front of her dad as the doors opened. She eyed the newcomer up and down before James talked again. Instead of continuing in English, he spoke in their native German to keep the conversation private.

"I am more sure than I ever have been," he replied to her. Scarlett looked to see the pain flash in his eyes.

The elevator stopped again to let the person off, then continued to the top floor. Scarlett stepped out first, looking left and right. She looked back to her dad and he walked out to walk with her to a common space with couches and a glass wall to overlook the city. Scarlett noticed the two guards in the corners.

The secretary told them it would be a moment, so Scarlett sat on a chair to rest her leg. She brushed back her stick straight dark brown hair over her shoulders to lean over, resting her elbows on her knees. James stood next to her chair as she twisted the cane in her hands.

The flat screen television on the wall suddenly flashed to a breaking news title story. Both of the Von Brandts looked over to see the bomb's explosion replay in the middle of an underdeveloped town.

"Did it work?" Scarlett asked with a heavy voice.

"It will. One day, with his help," James responded as he put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

The doors to Peter Parker's office opened, revealing Parker himself. He confidently entered the room wearing his classic suit except without the jacket. She noticed his playfully styled hair and bright yet strained face.

Peter's hair on the back of his neck stood as his eyes met the girl's. He couldn't tell why, but continued his greeting anyway.

"Mr. Von Brandt, nice to finally meet you," Peter offered his hand out for James to shake as Scarlett stood. He had noticed her when he walked in, but now he has a better view of her. It seemed odd for her to be wearing an all black suit, but she wore it well. Her dark hair complimented her nicely as well. It wasn't until she stood that he noticed her cane that she relied fairly much on.

"And you as well," James politely grinned. "This is my head of security. I hope it is fine she joins us," James said, but his tone let Peter know she is coming whether he likes it or not.

"Of course. Follow me," Peter answered and turned to lead them into his office. Scarlett was the last to follow, making sure things were as they should be. Once at the door, she heard one guard turn to the other.

"His head of security has a limp?" the guard joked. Scarlett immediately reached her left hand to her right hip, pulling out a dagger to quickly turn and throw it across the room, landing directly next to the man's head. The man flinched down to the ground in shock and adrenaline.