Fireworks

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

New Year's Eve.

Perfect event to reunite with our family or even old friends we haven't seen in a while.

People organise visits to restaurants or bars, to have a great nutritous dinner or to drink until reaching the state of unconsciousness. What an amaible tradition.

The case wasn't any different at Ered's flat either.

Even after these years the campers from Camp Campbell haven't forgotten each other at all and stayed in touch with each other.

It seemed like nothing has changed.

All of them were having a great time. Space Kid (who's called Space Neil since he's grown up) and Nurf were having an eating competition which was judged by Neil the whole time. The events were recorded by Max. The inviter herself had a talk with Nerris and Dolph. The latter told them he'd been satisfied with his life as an artist, despite the fact that he sometimes had little bumps in it, with an evident reason. Nikki was talking with Harrison too about his magic show he had at Christmas, in which she was his apprentice. But what was Preston doing?

"You were amazing!" Nikki exclaimed with sparkly eyes. "Though... who made you that outfit by the way? You looked li-"

"I made Harrison the outfit!" Preston's immediate act made Harrison jump a bit.

"Ehm." he laughed softly "Preston made it. As usual."

"It was definitely one of the main reasons of your success."

"I'm sure about it. Magic shows are known about the magician's outfit" sarcasm could have been heard in his tone.

"Believe me, it is. But otherwise you both did amazing ON STAGE."

"Oooooh. So you were the one who made the audience chant for us to do the whole show again." Nikki realised.

"Precisely. Since both of you deserved it." Preston said with a grin while putting his arms around Harrison and Nikki, before walking away.

After a short while when Preston went into the kitchen to get something to drink to put out his aching thirst... something has thrown him in the way of temptation.

Oh Lord.

Remember what happened last time you drank it!

But...

That was a while ago.

Maybe a little sip wouldn't hurt a bit.

"PRES! REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME!"

"AAAH!" a sudden girly scream came out of the theatre-obsessed geek "Nerris..?"

"The Cute, to be exact." the DnD master took a sip from her soda.

"That's similar to the incident when you spilled soda all over my new colour-changing dancing shoes." he answered offended.

„You screamed like a girl at that moment too?"

„It wasn't that HIGH! I've already hit puberty."

"Preston.. That was at camp. YEARS AGO!"

"Don't lie. You've gone through that phrase too."

"I have." she took a sip again "Long ago, surely."

"Do you know how lucky you are that you can drink that crap..?"

"Shut it and stop being antisocial." she grabbed her friend's wrist while pulling him out of the kitchen.

"Me? Antisocial?" Preston laughed "Nerris, darling. You misunderstood the phrase." he even gestured with his hands to add emphasis.