#1 - Gordie LaChance

The sun was beginning to set, but the fun had just began. Gordie had invited the whole gang over to the tree house for a sleepover, Vern thought it was unusual that he wanted to stay the night in the treehouse, since Gordie used to say that it was a a bit spooky at night.
                               ***

It was exciting, yet kind of terrifying to think of staying the night in a treehouse with a bunch of boys. But that was the least of your worries, the only thing that seemed to be on your mind was Gordie LaChance.

You had been crushing on him since the 1st grade and you were lucky you had become friends with Vern and Chris, they also knew about your crush on LaChance, and teased you about it quite often.

Gordie was your best friend and have been since practically birth. You guys have always been neighbors and Gordie would spend most of his time at your house.  You could never imagine anyone else living there, but him.
                                ***

"Y/N!! Gordie's is here!!" Your mother called from downstairs.

"Oh, shit." You frantically ran around the room shoving everything you could think of into a black Adidas gym bag.

You rushed as fast as you could down the stairs, around the hallway, and didn't stop... even when you saw Gordie standing in the doorway.

Boom! You ran into Gordie, collapsing on top of him.

"S-sorry." You managed to mumble, blushing madly.

"Oh, you're fine." He looked into your Y/E/C and smiled. You laughed nervously, and then slowly climbed off of him.

When he looked at you, you knew. You knew you had to tell him about this crush. You couldn't hide it any longer.

"C'mon, we gotta get going. We're already 5 minutes late." Gordie said, glancing at his watch.

You waved to your mother over your shoulder without looking back at her. "Have fun, sweetie!!"
                              ***

When you guys got to the treehouse, you could hear laughter and the gang talking about The Cobras.

"You go on up first, I'll climb up behind you." Gordie said.

"Okay." It was already pretty dark by the time Gordie came to pick you up, but now it was pitch black, you could barely see as you were going up, it was like walking blindly in the middle of a forest.

You tried to look closely so your foot wouldn't slip, but there's was no way anyone could see anything at this time of night.

"Careful." Gordie said from behind. You nodded, even though you knew he couldn't see you.
                               ***

Once you got to the top, it was a little bit easier to see because if then light that was coming through the floor boards.

"Hello?" You called up.

"What's the secret knock?" Teddy yelled back.

"Um, oh yeah." What the heck were you thinking, Y/N?! You don't even remember the secret knock?!