moving

"Hye-jin get your ass down here"
I don't want to leave. This is the home I grew up in. I never thought I'd ever have to let go, at least not this soon. My parents got new jobs in Daegu. Of all places it had to be somewhere 2 and a half hours away. No matter how many times I begged and pleaded, they wouldn't budge. I guess it's a good opportunity for me to make friends. I've never been good at that. But what hurts the most is that I have to leave the only friend I ever made behind. Jina. She said she would call and text me every day and we can visit each other on the weekends, but I'm not sure I can get through a whole academic year without her. I gaze at my room one last time, thinking about how everything's going to change. My trail of thoughts was stopped as a hand touched my shoulder gently...

"Everything's going to be okay" a voice whispered with emotion and sympathy, it's not my mother then.

"Okay..." I nod slowly taking the rest of my luggage downstairs.

My mother stood there, impatiently, tapping her foot against the cold, wooden floor.
"Come on, the cab has been waiting 10 minutes now!" She stomped out of the front door, not seeming to care what she's leaving behind.

"Don't worry my dear, your mothers just stressed" my father said softly as he walked out of the house.

"Goodbye house, I hope you have lovely new owners" I slightly giggled at the fact I was talking to a house, I guess it lightened the mood a little.

I stroll out of the house, waving it one last goodbye as we set off to Daegu.

"Ugh who is snoring so loud, can't you see I'm trying to sleep? Oh wait... it's me." I thought to myself.

I shook my head and opened my eyes slowly. We aren't moving? I look out of the window revealing a beautiful house. It's not as big as our other home, but big enough (picture at the beginning). Although I'm sad, this house was truly beautiful. The way the trees and flowers dance in the gentle breeze. The way the sun beams through the windows lighting the whole room up, it looked like the perfect home for a perfect family... It's a shame we will probably ruin that vibe.

"We're here!" my mother exclaimed as she viciously opened my door, she looked more excited than stressed now. That's my favourite of her split personality's. I was dragged into the house, even though I can barely walk in a straight line from my sleepiness, but my eyes soon widened at what laid before my eyes...

It is stunning.

"Isn't it just amazing!" My mother jumped in happiness.

"Y-yes." I stuttered at the thought of being proven wrong...

"Go unpack, your room is up the stairs, the first door on the left." She said edging herself away from me, still smiling from the thought this is actually our new home.

I smiled and made my way upstairs. It took forever to pack everything, can you imagine how long it will take to unpack?! I made it as fun as I could though, distracting myself from feeling upset by listening to music and dancing around. By the time I finished unpacking everything I was starving. I made my way downstairs to my parents who were standing in the kitchen still unpacking things.

"Hye-jin, can you go out and find the nearest store? You're going to have to buy something ready made for dinner as we haven't fully unpacked yet." My father asked politely.

I nodded and accepted the money he handed me, making my way out of the door. I wasn't walking for long until I found a store. I went inside and bought some candy as I'm not feeling hungry anymore, and I wasn't given a lot of money. The cashier scanned my items and I handed over the money letting him keep the change. I waddled out of the shop, shoving a piece of food into my mouth.

"Now which way did I come from?..." I tried to think but I just couldn't recall what fucking way. How annoying.

I saw an alley way that lead out to a familiar looking street...
"Ah that must be a short cut" I thought to myself and headed towards it.

Normally things like this don't scare me. Murder scenes in dramas always tend to happen in dark alleyways, but they never usually creep me out. But this time... I was kinda freaking out. There was quiet rustling coming from ahead, what the fuck? I quickened my pace when something leaped out at me. I screamed and jumped in fear, maybe I do have emotions. I open my eyes to find a dog...

"What are you doing here all alone?" I softened up when he came and cuddled up to me.

There was no one around, I couldn't just leave this dog all alone. I picked him up and started to walk home again. I figured I would explain everything to my parents when I get there, instead of wasting my time calling them and arguing the reasons why I should bring him home. Just as I reached the end of the alley way I got startled yet again. I froze as someone spoke...

"What are you doing with my dog?" A deep, raspy voice came from behind me...

A/N- this is my first book and the first chapter I've ever written on wattpad so I'm still getting used to it, don't mind if there's any spelling mistakes as well aha. Thank you for reading, please share with others I would love it if you could! Thank you <3