EPILOGUE

E P I L O G U E

"Margalette, hindi ka pa ba riyan gigising? Naku! Ikaw na bata ka kapag ika'y maiwan ng eroplano naku talagang magiging dragon iyong mommy mo!" I woke up with Nanang Glory shouting and banging my door.

Another dream huh? Or nightmare?

Lately, I've been having dreams wherein my bestfriend, Yunis, was there also, but the rest of the people, surprisingly, are all strangers. I don't know them nor heard their names before. Totally strangers.

Weird, because in those dreams, I have a boyfriend, a basketball player boyfriend though his face was vague, it wasn't as clear as his name on my dream.

Ricci is the name.

Nice name but ok.

"Margalette! Ikaw talaga! Sinabi ko nang 'wag kang magpupuyat dahil ikaw ay may flight pa! Alam mo ba kung gaano kalayo ang Switzerland sa Pilipinas at kung gaano kamahal ang ticket?! Anak naman bumangon ka na riyan! Susmaryosep!"

Early in the morning, and the sound of Nanang Glory's voice is like my daily dose of coffee. Growing up, having both of your parents busy handling their own companies, there could you only find the comfort of having a nanny who takes care of you as if you were from her womb.

I stood up from bed to open my door for Nanang. She's a Filipino domestic helper here in Switzerland, a full-blooded Ilongga. She was already working for our family even before my ahia, sioti, siobe, and I were born. My Nanang married manong Ernie, our family driver, back in the 70s and had kids, which they raised here in Switzerland and living their best lives with their own families now.

"Yes Nanang? Goodmorning po!" As I opened the door, I finally saw Nanang with her grey hair and wrinkled but beautiful frowning face. And to take that frown off of her face, I gave her a power hug and smother her cheeks with kisses. I love her, she's the most adorable human being.

"Ikaw talagang bata ka! Have you packed your things na ba?" Nanang nagged as usual.

"Opo, done na po."

"Mabuti naman at ika'y hinihintay na ni mommy, daddy at ng mga kapatid mo roon sa hapag." Nanang was there for us four, she would listen to our rants and always has an input every time we talk.

"Nanang" I started as I wanted to talk to her about my dreams.

"Oh anak? Bakit iyon?"

"Uh... I've been having dreams, weird dreams. It happens every night, those dreams were like puzzle pieces, it matches together, it seems like they were stitched as one, it was like they were telling a story. I don't know, I just felt weird, usually my dreams weren't this connected to another." I told her as we are heading downstairs.

"Patungkol ba saan ang panaginip mo at parang hindi ka mapalagay?"

"Uhm... I have a boyfriend daw po doon sa dream ko." I shyly confessed to nanang.

"Oh! Eh maganda naman pala iyong panaginip mo bakit parang hindi ka mapakali riyan?" She bantered cheekily like a teenager getting kilig.

"Nanang naman eh!" I stomped my feet as if throwing tantrums lol Nanang knows me so well and she knows that I'm already shy right now.