{3}

Moving from city to city or state to state was something I'd grown accustomed to; i hated it, but it happened so often it wasn't a surprise to me when my Dad told me we were leaving and to pack my clothes with just a weeks notice.

I sat uncomfortably on the airplane seat, my music blaring loudly in my earbuds as i looked out the window and unconsciously ran my fingers through my hair. I buried the guilt that I hadn't even gotten the chance to say goodbye to Joshua or Sarah or even Marty. Sure i would miss the three, but its not like it hasn't happened before; I've left plenty of friends without so much as a goodbye and although it hurt i knew it was better this way. It was like ripping off a bandage: quick and painful. I licked my dry lips and leaned back into the chair, closing my eyes and waiting for the long plane ride to be over.

"You okay Lex?" My dad said giving my arm a soft squeeze.

I looked at my dad's face and mustered a small smile "Why wouldn't i be?"

He offered a small smile in return and let go of my arm, his attention returning to his phone. I unlocked my own phone out of boredom and checked the time.

4:27 am.

I groaned in annoyance and shifted myself to another position. If it hadn't been for the fact that i haven't slept well in 2 weeks, i would've stayed awake until we had taken off the landing strip.

~~~~~~~

Four hours later, me and my dad stood outside of a nice sized house as he rumaged through his pockets looking for the key to unlock the large door in front of us. He struggled finding the small key and dropped all the bags to the floor in search of it and i laughed quietly at the way he was getting frustrated over the fact that he couldnt find it. Finally, he managed to locate the key and put it into the lock, turning the door knob, to my amazement, with all the bags in his hands.

"Home Sweet Home!" My dad grunted as he pulled in several bags of luggage through the front door. I stood quietly, examining the small, empty living room that led into the kitchen.

"Well, whadaya think?" He said dropping the bags and wrapping his arm loosely around my shoulders.

"Well it's empty." I stated rather bluntly.

"Well the U-haul is coming in an hour or so, but beside the fact that its empty, what do you think?" his arm dropped from my shoulders to pick up the bags again.

"Well its nice," i smiled weakly and walked towards the base of the stairs. Yeah so nice to move half way across the country, so nice to leave my friends behind again, so damn nice that i have to start a new school and be the new girl for the 9th fucken time. "Really, its great dad," i repeated making my way up the staircase, suppressing whatever i was feeling deep, deep down inside of me. ".. just great."

////

Ok you guys, so this update is literally just gunna start from the very very very very very beginning! This chapter was pretty short, it was like just to give you a little insight on Alexa's inner conflicts and whatnot. Be prepared my little creatures. Thanks for getting the first chapter to 50! Vote, like, share, read and i will love you immensely <3 oh speaking of which, if you haven't checked out my other story The Days That Follow, make sure to do that so we can get it to 2k! Love you all my lovelies <3

Much love and kisses to you all

~manda