Psychopath (Angst/Hurt/Comfort)

The Riddler finally had The Penguin cornered. The little man had no where to run, no way out. Ed smirked wickedly at the man at his knees. "You have nowhere to run Oswald!~" he cackled, "It's over! YOU LOSE!!!"

"You're a psychopath!" Oswald hissed. Ed went stiff as a pole. He looked at Oswald in disbelief, tears forming in his eyes as the gun fell from his grasp. His eyes practically begging Oswald to take it back.

"Don't say that..." he whispered as the tears began to fall freely, "You were the one person who never called me that..." Oswald looked at him in confusion.

"What?"

"I-I'm not...I'm not a psychopath..." he repeated as his mind flooded with the voices of his victims and enemies. 'Riddle man?' 'You were stalking me! You are a psychopath!' 'He had some psychopath do it for him...' 'You need help' 'You're a psychopath!'

"N-No..." Ed whimpered, clutching his head. Oswald tried to look like he couldn't care less, but inside he was dying. 'It's probably just a trick' he told himself, 'Ed was always a master of manipulation...but he looks so sad!'

"You are~" Ed cackled. Then his demeanor suddenly changed completely.  "Shut up!" he yelled back. Oswald looked around in confusion.

"...what?"

"You're pathetic!" Ed sneered, seemingly at himself. "You can't even handle the truth!" "It's not the truth! I...I'M NOT A PSYCHOPATH!!!" he screamed falling to his knees, "I'm not..." he whimpered. "I'm not! ...I'm not...I'm not...I'm sane...I promise..." he curled up into a ball. Oswald instinctively dropped down next to him and put his arms around Ed protectively, not caring that Ed was getting tears, snot, and wrinkles on his new suit.

"Shhhhhhhh...it's ok Eddie, I've got you; you're safe now..." he cooed, drawing soothing circles on Ed's back. Ed sobbed before looking up at Oswald.

"Oswald..?" he asked, as if Oswald would disappear if he squinted too hard. Oswald nodded. Oswald kissed the tip of Ed's nose and the two stayed like that wrapped in each other's embrace.

 Oswald kissed the tip of Ed's nose and the two stayed like that wrapped in each other's embrace

❔//This is based off a Tumblr post...sorry the ending is so unclear, I wasn't quite sure how to end it...