Chapter 1: Knowing of My Mistakes

Everything I Do, I Do For You

Chapter 1: Knowing of My Mistakes

Hailey’s P.O.V

I couldn’t believe it. It was positive.

The Night That Changed Everything:

It was three in the morning. I had slipped outside my room and into Sam’s room. Thank god Marco was sick and couldn’t come. Sam was all alone. When I entered the room I found him lying on his back, sleeping with the TV remote sitting on his chest. I walked over to his bed and slid onto the other side of it and lied on his chest, he stirred a bit. He fluttered his eye lids.

“Morning, sleepyhead” I smiled as I said it to him. He smiled back.

“Hey, what are you doing in here, babe?” he asked in the sexiest voice ever.

“Well, we’re on this trip and you’re stuck here alone, and our parents aren’t around so I figured, hey might as well make the most of it” I told him.

He smiled at me. He leaned in for a kiss. I leaned in too, with no hesitation. It was deep. After a few seconds, he pulled away and looked me in the eyes. I looked back into his deep brown chocolate ones.

“I love you, Hailey” he said. I was speechless. He totally caught me off guard. My mouth hung open a little bit. It took a second for my brain to process. But when it finally did I smiled.

“I love you, too, Sam” I said back. He grinned.

He put his hands on the sides of my face and kissed me. It was the most passionate kiss we’ve ever shared. We were all over each other, completely drenched in love. He started inching my shirt up my side. I pulled away.

“You have a condom, right?” I asked him.

“Duh” he told me. I smiled and pulled him closer. He lied me on the bed. I looked into his eyes for millisecond, then kissed him. One thing lead to another that night, it was the first time we made love.

Reality:

My left hand was across my mouth and my right was holding on to the bathroom sink for fear I might fall. I was paralyzed. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t think. Two little words that were the key to one of the biggest problems of my life ran through my mind. ‘I’m pregnant’ . When I finally came back to reality, I started hyperventilating. ‘Omigod, this can’t be happening. This can’t be happening. I’m only fourteen!’ I thought. I had no clue what to do. I know I couldn’t keep it. I already live in the shittiest part of Baltimore City. My mom could barely afford my two siblings and myself, already. There’s no way she could help me support her grandchild. I didn’t know if I could deal with giving my baby away. I don’t think I could do it. Guess there was really only one option left, but where would I get the money for an abortion? I only had about a hundred dollars saved up to get out of here one day. I would need about four-hundred. I couldn’t make a decision right now, anyway. I grabbed the positive pregnancy test and threw it into my school bag so my mom wouldn’t find it. I sat on my bed and massaged my temples. I laced my boots and put on my coat and ran out the door to catch the city bus.

I waited at the bus stop for about twenty minutes. When it finally showed up, I gave the driver my bus pass and plopped down into an empty seat. The next bus stop, one of my best friends, boyfriend, and now baby’s father climbed on board. I didn’t even notice it was him until he kissed me. I kissed him back, of course, but I really wasn’t ready to tell him about our newly discovered child. We pulled away. His smile turned into a frown.

“What’s wrong, baby?” he asked while intertwining our fingers.

“Nothing” I responded. I knew he knew I was lying.

“Hailey, what’s wrong? Talk to me, babe” he said.

“NOTHING IS WRONG SO STOP ASKING!” I snapped at him. His face was almost horrified. I NEVER acted like that and I instantly regretted treating him like that.

“Oh Sam, I’m sorry. I’m just really stressed out and confused and scared and I just don’t know” I said. I fell into his chest. He protectively put his arms around me. I cried for a while. He just kept on muttering things like ‘it’s okay’ and ‘it’ll all work out, babe’ or ‘I love you, honey’. We finally reached the stop to get off for school. We exited the bus.

“Hey Hailey?” he said.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“You’re obviously not feeling too good today, why don’t we just skip?” he told me. I hugged him.

“Let’s go, babe” I said. We walked over to the park by the aquarium and sat on a park bench. I finally stopped crying.

“So what were you so upset about earlier?” Sam asked. My cheeks turned bright red. I tried to speak, but couldn’t find the right words, so I just pulled out the pregnancy test from earlier. I handed it to Sam. His eyes were as big as saucers.

“You..’re preg….nant…….?” he asked as a rhetorical question. I nodded. He looked down in thought for a moment, then back up. He seemed so spaced out. “Is it mine?” he asked. He already knew the answer; I could see it in his eyes. I nodded again. He stood up.

“Sam, please don’t leave me! Please! I have no idea what to do! I can’t do any decision alone! Please!” I begged him.

“Hailey, I’m not gonna leave you. I just…, need time to think. I love you” he kissed me and walked away. I needed him more  than anything or anyone right now. I hope he keeps his word. Because I do love him.