Chapter 7: Cows and Car accidents

Everyone eventually leaves except for Talon

we chat for a while before he checks his phone and stands, "Hey sweet pea, I have to go now."

"Oh, do you have to?" i hate to admit it but, i don't think that Talon is a player anymore. he hasn't had a serious girlfriend in a while.

"Yes, Cole will come and pick you up tomorrow morning, here are some clothes dani got for you." he hands me a plastic bag with my clothing inside/

"Okay thanks." thank god i have one of my own clothes, i hate hospital clothes and  I really hate hospitals

*flashback* 24/12/2003 (Christmas Eve)

"Emma darling, come on let's get going." Alice say to her daughter
"But I want to stay mummy. I like playing with luke." Emma whines.
"But we must get going if we want to get everything ready for Santa clause.
Emma gets up says her goodbyes and grabs her mums hand. "Mummy where is daddy?"
"Waiting in the car." Alice replies. She leads her daughter to the car, they both hop in and drive off into the night. Alice and Daniel are in deep conversation. And little Emma is in the back seat looking out into the meadows. when she sees a herd of cows about to run across the highway. "Daddy watch out!" She screams. Daniel swerves and hits a passing car. Before everything went black.

"How many dead?"
"One, two injured."
"Whats her name?"
"Emma bell, 9 years old"
"9 years old. Poor thing, what's worse it's Christmas. How's here father doing?"
"Recovering well. 3 Broken ribs and a fractured fibula."
"Do you think you can get him in here?"
"Yeah I'll wheel him in. When she wakes up let her father tell her."
"Yeah mike I know......its a pity though. I knew the wife Alice, she and I went to homecoming together. God I miss her thought it was going to always be me and her."
"Sorry mate I'll get the father."

Emma slowly opens her eyes and sees a unfamiliar room. She starts crying "where am I? where's mummy?"

"Hey sweetie, do you want to go see your daddy?" A strange man asks her.
"No I want mummy not daddy. Why am I here?" She demands
"Come with me Emma, please." The man asks
"Fine but only because you said please." She huffs and gets out of the bed and follows the man out into the hallway. Stubborn, just like her mother
Room 207
The man opens the door and there's daddy, hanging from the roof with a cord tied around his neck.
"Get her out of her John!"
The man picks emma up and takes her into a room with blank wall and places her on the chair.
"Emma there's something I need to ask you, do you have any aunts or uncles or grandparents?
" Yes grandpa and grandma bell."
"Ok well your going to stay with them for a while"
"Why? I am old enough to know I'm 9 years old"
"Ok.... You were in a car accident and your mummy went to heaven and just before your daddy also went to heaven," the man says
Emma looks so confused before she starts bawling out her eyes.
"I have to go now Emma your grandparents will pick you up soon bye." The man leaves, leaving Emma all by herself.
*end flashback*

"emma?" Talon asks waving a hand in front of my face. "yeah?" 

"i lost you for a second there, everything alright?" i nod and give him a small smile.

He leans forward and gives me a light peck on the lips

"Bye sweet pea."

And he is out the door. well that was unexpected. he kissed me?

***********************

The next morning the nurse comes in says I can get ready to leave. I get up and walk over to the shower and change into the clothes Talon brought for me yesterday.

I come out of the bathroom and Cole is laying on my bed humming a tune I can't place. he looks gorgeous laying there with his eyes close and I want to be laying there next to him. I sit on the bed and lay my head on his stomach.... I'll use the I felt dizzy excuse if he asks. I lay there for a while looking at the ceiling.

Cole's POV

I feel Emma sit on the bed and lay her head on my stomach, I've now got butterflies in my stomach, hopefully she won't notice. why is she laying on my stomach?

"Snowflake why are you laying in my stomach?" i question, stopping my humming.

"Oh" she sits up quickly, "Sorry I didn't mean to I was just...... feeling dizzy" she says obviously lying. "and I wanted to sit down but you were lying down on the bed so I thought that I would just lay there too, sorry if you didn't want me too." she continues.

"That fine snowflake, lay down and rest your head."

"I'd would prefer if we could go now instead."  i sigh and sit up, Talon wouldn't shut up about her before she obviously feels the same way. "Oh let's go then." 

I know most of my chapters are short, I'll try to make them longer. I Have a lot of school work and stuff, also o won't be updating next week so I'll update later this week because I'm going on camp. Thanks bye ally