Chapter Two: The Performance.

The theatre was warm and Eloise could hear the murmur of the crowd from back stage. All the acts waited nervously and one by one each performer took their turn to go onto the stage. Every few minutes, the audience applauded and another person left to perform. Eloise paced back and forth, her stomach tossing with a mixture of fear and nerves. At last her name was called. She gulped, took a deep breath and headed through the oak door towards the stage.

The audience clapped and cheered as Eloise walked timidly onto the stage. The applause stopped as she took her place in the centre of the stage. The lights blinded Eloise as she scanned the audience. She felt sick, hundreds of eyes on her, their gazed burned, she wanted to scream, she wanted to run, no matter how cowardly she looked. Her hands shook and quivered as she held he violin.

She didn’t know what, but something made her stop.

“Hello, um, my name is Eloise,” she took a deep breath and continued. 

“Since the day I turned four,” she stammered,” I have lived and breathed violin, practicing for eight hours a day because my parents told me too. And now I realize, that was a mistake.” The crowd gasped and whispered to each other. Eloise mustered up all the courage she had and carried on.

“My childhood was all violin, and still is. I don’t have any friends and I am educated at home. I want to go out and make friends,see the world, however I rarely leave the comfort of my house. So that is why, I am giving up violin for good.” And with that, she dropped the instrument on the stage floor. For a minute there was a silence, a cold, chilling silence, the sort that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Then somebody in the audience started to clap, then another, then another, and soon the entire crowd was on their feet cheering and applauding at the bravery and courage of Eloise. But the thing that made her smile the most, was seeing her parents joining in, clapping and cheering, beaming up at their daughter. Eloise took a bow as the noise of the audience consumed her.

________________

Author's Note

________________

Hello everyone.

Thankyou so much for reading Eloise and I hoped you liked the story.

Please read my other book, Dragon Riders: HTTYD.

Please vote or comment if you like my book.

Thankyou for reading.