Part 3

It was one of the best decisions of your life that you let him go that night in 1974. The band became incredibly successful: all around the world they had concerts, they sold tens of thousands of records. They made music videos which you saw on the telly from time to time. You exchanged a few letters with Freddie back early 1975 just because you wanted to make sure Roger was living his best life. Freddie was a good friend of yours and he was glad to write to you when he recieved your letters. He told you that Roger met a girl, Dominique, who was the assistant of their tour manager. He said she's a very nice and intelligent girl and he thinks she's good influence for him.

These words made you smile, however you were a bit worried about your own life because Roger left a more permanent mark on it than you thought he would... in November you found out you were having his baby. Not even for a second did you think about having an abortion or telling him. Your parents helped you with everything they could and you even managed to finish university while you were still pregnant. You also met a very nice guy, Thomas, who was by your side all along. He was patient, he looked after you and made your every wish come true. He was from a noble family so his parents weren't particularly happy that their son loved a girl who was having someone else's child, and yet he stayed with you.
On the 26th of July, 1975 you gave birth to a baby girl with eyes as large as the Moon and as blue as the ocean. She was the most beautiful girl you've ever seen and not only because she was yours - every nurse and doctor complimented her. You named your tiny little girl Arielle Diana Acton. Acton, which was Tom's family name. You had thought about using Taylor, but that would've made everything confusing and messy. However, the birth certificate wasn't completely a lie.
Name of father: Roger Meddows Taylor
Already in her very early years she started resembling incredibly much to him, and not only in the looks. You were looking for your traits in her but found nothing. After a while you realized why: they shared the same birthday - the 26th of July.
Thomas on the other hand didn't mind this. He wasn't familiar with rock and roll, so he didn't know who to compare Arielle to, thank god. In the nursery she was uncontrollable: she kicked boys' asses and she screamed if she wasn't in the center of attention. At the same time she could already read at the age of 4 and at family events she played the piano and sang without any embarrassment. Even though it was Mozart that she was supposed to play, she was a lot more interested in rock and roll - especially Queen. She asked you oh so often to let her see them live, but you always said no. When she asked why, you preferred saying that such concerts are dangerous for little girls like her.
However, when her 9th birthday came on, Thomas bought her a VIP ticket for the upcoming The Works Tour. She was happy as ever, she could finally meet her favourite musicians! Despite Tom said he'd go with her to the concert, he had a business trip that week - you had to be the one to take her. You knew this was going to be the death of you but you hoped you wouldn't meet the guys.
Your stomach was cramping from being nervous and you felt dizzy. What were you gonna tell your daughter if she realizes her father is Roger Taylor?
She asked a few times before why she didn't look like you or Thomas. These times you just laughed and said "Genetics are a weird thing, aren't they?". Your relationship with her was great, but she got along with her stepfather even better. Tom loved her as if she was his own child, and she thought she was.
Sometimes you wished you hadn't met Roger. Rarely, but then very intensely. For exaple when Arielle punched one of her classmates in the nose because he had pulled her hair multiple times. She only didn't drop out of school because of her results. Her rebellious behaviour was something the whole family tried to fix: girls' summer camp, a nanny, tea parties... these programs didn't use a lot but at least they managed to make her more polite, so when she punched someone in the nose she said "I'm terribly sorry that I had to punch your stupid fuckface, but I had no other decision. Your parents will thank me later though, I'm certain about that."
The 4th of September, 1984 Queen arrived in London, to the Wembley Arena. This was the first concert they gave in the capital city out of 4. They stayed longer because the 5th of September was Freddie's birthday, he turned 38. The concert started at 9 PM and you had a great place to watch it from. Arielle enjoyed it so much, she screamed the lyrics as loudly as she could. She had a small comment on each song, like "This one is called Killer Queen, it's on the Sheer Heart Attack album which was released in 197- ANYTIIIIIIIIME!" She was sweet and you could tell she was living the time of her life.
Once the concert was over you headed backstage and she was moving as if she had spent all her life there. She showed you around, pointing at amplifiers knowing their exact name and what they do.
"Who's your favourite member, mum? Who would you like to meet?" She asked out of sudden.
"Uhm I don't know. The one with big hair?" God, it was hard to pretend you never even heard of them.
She laughed. "Bri? He's nice! The guitar he played, he built that with his dad when he was younger. It's made out of a very special type of wood that's very old."
"Arielle, I'm not sure you can meet the boys actually..." by this time you just wanted to leave.
Suddenly a little boy ran towards the stage in front of you. A thin, elegant, dark haired woman followed him calmly. "Don't run Felix, you're going to trip and fall." You knew it very well who they were and you felt another knot form in your stomach.
"What do you mean you're not sure, mum?! I CAME HERE TO MEET QUEEN NOT TO SEE THE FUCKING AMPLIFIERS!" Arielle shouted, followed by a long, powerful and deafening scream.
By this time everyone was looking at you two and you just wanted to disappear from the surface of Earth.
"Woah little one, your scream is sharper than mine! You could do us some backing vocals that's for sure." the familiar voice came from behind you and it made you shiver, just like it did long ago.
"I practise a lot!" Arielle turned to face him and laughed. "See mum, I knew I could meet them! This is Roger Taylor! My favourite musician!" She hugged him tightly and your breathing sped up. You turned around slowly too, not ready to face what you were about to see.
He leaned down to her and hugged back, smiling to himself... that was when he looked up at you, the smile disappeared and his face froze.
"Oh my... hi."
"Hi" you shook hands with him and you introduced yourself as if he hadn't fucked you multiple times on the backseat of his car 10 years earlier. Arielle watched you two with amazement, Roger turned back to her.
"What's your name, beautiful young lady?"
"Arielle Diana Acton, so nice to finally meet you!" she said smiling very widely and blushing.
"How old are you actually, Arielle?"
"I just turned 9, the concert ticket was my birthday present."
"You're 9..." he looked back at you. "Well, this is my family, meet my son, Felix and my girlfriend, Dominique."
Dominique smiled so beautifully it was breathtaking. She then saw Arielle's face and she froze aswell. She knew exactly why she was introduced to you.
"You have a beautiful family." You smiled at Dominique, trying to reassure her that you were not going to ruin their future, but does that help, really? No.
"Arielle, sweetheart, would you stay with Felix and Dom for a few minutes? You could teach him how to do a great falsetto. I'd like to talk to your mum a little."
"But I have questions I wanna ask you!" She stomped her foot.
"You can ask as many as you wish, I promise, as soon as you stop being hysterical, alright, beautiful?" He winked and smiled at her.
"Alright." She blushed and nodded, taking Felix's hand, running around with him. And they had no clue they were related by blood.