Chapter 3 Idea

The grin on Killian's face lingered there as he watched Regina's expression light up. "That flavor is umm really good," she managed to get out.
"I have no idea what it is," he chuckled, forgetting about the gelato. "Let's call it Irish gelato," she quipped cutely, unable to prevent a slight blush glowing on her cheeks.

"So," he shifted cutely and resumed the engulfing gelato on the small spoon, dancing his brows up at her.
"So what's next?" She asked with an exhale. "The New gallery?" He suggested. "They're supposed to have some contemporary pieces," he mused.

"Okay let's do that," she agreed.

Regina's POV

This not falling for him won't work at all. The romantic setting, and just him in general, there's no way I can't.

Killian's POV

Bloody hell she is just tantalizing in every way, and she's so adorable.

"So one thing on the list we can discuss is age," he said. "Oh, umm you go first," Regina avoided. "Oh come on you can't be what? Over twenty five?" He quirked.

"I'm thirty actually," she smiled. "Psssh you are not," he argued. "I am, I would show my drivers license but it shows my address," she laughed.

"Ok, fine," he scoffed playfully. "How old are you?" She asked. "Older than you," he winked.
"How much? Like a decade?" She asked.

"Really? Do I look that old?" He asked. "No, ummm thirty?" She asked, it was hard to tell with his scruff.

"Thirty three," he admitted. "Still young," she said. "Mmm I like the hope my best days aren't all behind me," he mused.
"My girlfriend called them the dirty thirties," Regina mentioned.

Regina's POV

Okay Regina really? Ugh I can't help how sexy he is, and Ruby did call them that.

"Dirty huh? I bathe quite frequently thank you," he smiled. "I don't know why I said that," she giggled. "Maybe because when you're in the thirties you're past the games and junk, and can just be bloody passionate, since you know yourself better," he smiled.

"Well that's a good way to look at it, considering she mainly meant you had a lot of sex," Regina said. "Ah! Or that," he laughed.

Regina loved how relaxed she felt with him. She could have that funny moment and they could turn it into a conversation. He was very carefree, there was no pressure, but he was indeed sincere and genuine.

As the pair learned about the pieces in the New gallery, they took pictures and enjoyed the same styles through the hall. They laughed and read each description and had a grand time.

As they rounded a final corner in the gallery, Regina was a step in front of him, as she felt his soft fingers gently touch her hand.

His stride caught up in one step, being taller, and he slid his hand up the side of her hand and fit it over hers. Lacing his fingers in hers as they came to an equal pace side by side.

Regina's POV

Oh god I hope my hand isn't sweating, his hand is so big Jesus. I squeezed his hand the same pressure as he was mine, I wasn't expecting that. It just felt natural though. Relax Regina.

They walked among the final pieces hand in hand and read together each description and came to the same conclusion at the final painting.
"That's my favorite," they said together looking at a simple piece with a small sailboat.

"Wow, why are we attracted to that?" Regina asked. "Great minds think alike? I like the way the light hits the water," he said.

Regina sighed, contented and they made their way back out, still hand in hand.
"Oh it's dark," Regina observed. "Yeah we spent about three hours in there," Killian checked the time.

"Dinner?" He asked. "Maybe should freshen up?" She suggested. "Sure." He nodded.

"Probably takes you a bit?" Killian asked two doors away as they came to their hotel rooms. "Umm not too bad, thirty minutes?" Regina asked.

"I'll meet you right out here," he smiled.

Slipping into their rooms, they both showered and got ready.

"Jesus okay what do I wear?" Regina asked herself as she laid out her dress selections.

Picking up a black fitted floral dress, she decided that was the one. Shifting in the mirror as she put a final touch of lipstick, and fluffed her natural curls, she was ready.

As she exited her room, he was against the wall, in a relaxed casual jacket with suit pants. "Your hair is stunning like that, you had it straightened earlier?" He asked. "Umm Yeah," she fluffed her fingers in it.

"You look absolutely amazing, if I can say that?" He asked. "I think most things are just a given after today," she said.

Killian's POV

Bloody hell her figure and natural hair was just insanely beautiful I thought I would fall over. She was stunningly gorgeous.

"I looked up a nice place around the corner, great thing in Italy we can just go a block for gourmet Italian," he offered his arm.

"Well at home.." she stopped herself, "Umm Yeah much more authentic," she corrected.

They arrived at an adorable Italian bistro. "I kinda feel like lady and the tramp," Killian mused.

"I love that movie," Regina sighed cutely. "Love dogs?" He asked. "Yes I love them," she smiled. "Are you admitting you're a tramp though?" She teased.

"Mmmm I'm really not," he laughed. "Think I'm the bark worse than my bite type, unless I get protective," he said.
"Oh yeah? You do look like you would be good in a fight," she complimented.

His eyes narrowed and sparkled at her. "So what do you do? We can ask that," Regina asked.

"Oh I work in graphic design for advertising," he answered. "Oh so kind of artsy," Regina smiled. "Exactly, you?" He asked back.

"I work in interior design," Regina said. "So also creative," he smiled.

"Yeah but I'm a huge baseball fan," she smiled. "Are you? I can picture you in a little hat," he grins.

"Can't ask your team I guess because of location hint," he sighed. "Nope," she shook her head.

"My team is the pirates and I'm saying that because it's nowhere near where I live, I just liked the name as a boy for obvious reasons, my father tried to educate me but that was my team since I could talk," he smiled.

"So you like real pirates too?" Regina asked. "Mm I think as a boy I just liked Peter Pan too much," he laughed.

Regina's POV

Ugh that's so cute, he likes the pirates team because of the name.

"Well you also liked that sailboat painting, grew up near the water?" She asked. "Hmm now we're analyzing me," he laughed.

"I already started that," she winked.

Killian's POV

Good. Me too.