The Escape, page 3

Michael's POV
We kept going through the forest until we got close.
"Close your eyes"
"Aw, but I hate closing my eyes."
"Shh, just trust me."
"M'kay, fine"
"Shh, this way.." I said as I let her through the last bit of brush.
"Okay you ready."
"Well I ain't getting any younger."
"I'll take that as a yes. Ok.. threeeee....twwwoo.....two and a half.."
"Hurry up already."
"Haha, okay. 3,2, and 1"

Adrianna's POV

He finally reached one and moved his hands away.
I gasped, "WOW... THATS..!"
"Shhh.."
"Sorry, that's incredible", I whispered.

always thought the forest was beautiful but I had no idea. I stared down over the tree roots and it was beautiful. The roses were the deepest red I'd ever seen. The fireflies made the sky sparkle. I almost forgot about the pain in my leg.

"I have a better surprise.. well sorta better I think.. just come with me a little further."
What could be better than this? "Okay as long as I can come out a take a longer look out here later."
"Uh sure right this way" he replied distractedly.

Michael's POV

Just a little further...
"Ah here it is!"
"Here's what?", she asked.
"Look down"
"It's a wood panel. So?"
I lifted the panel revealing a dimly lit cave.
Her eyes are so pretty when she's excited.. it's like they sparkle.. it makes me wanna uh never mind.
"After you" I say gesturing with my hand and an obnoxious bow.
"Very funny"
"What? What'd I say?"
She pointed down at her legs.
"Oh right sorry I better go first so you know where to step. My bad." I really did forget.
"Mmhmm" she snickered.
I closed the panel behind us so we wouldn't be as easy to follow. Almost to the exciting part.. I really hope she likes it.

Adrianna's POV

I was starting to get tired just as we turned the corner..
"Wow" I whispered in awe. It's just as beautiful as outside. There's a bright blue pool and dark green grass and those red roses. The best part was the stone walkway that led to a beautiful cottage that looks brand new but the area is abandoned. I can tell because there's no other footprints in the grass but ours.
It seemed so well preserved; clear polished tables, well painted doors, sturdily assembled blocks of stone and pillars of wood.

"Let's go inside!" I shouted.
"Okay I'll lead the way."
"I wanna lead the way"
"But you're injured and I thought you said "-
"Never mind what I said I wanna lead now"
"Okay I guess but be careful.. please."
I rushed to the door, limping the whole way, and opened it. Suddenly the house lit up and the fireplace erupted in a purple flame. A shadow fell across the room and I heard a deep voice.
"So you're the two that have been making all this noise." It said seemingly annoyed.
"Oh I'm so sorry I thought this was abandoned we just wanted somewhere to stay. I didn't know "-
"Shh I wasn't done. Wait, you really thought this was abandoned? It's brand new and everything is well kept. Why would you think..- never mind. You guys are in serious trouble you know. You've disturbed my secret garden. I don't even know how you found it since mortals can't enter.. unless.."
The shadow grew and a dark creature emerged. He had emerald green eyes and blue hair. His body was like the tangled roots of a strange tree. There was a purple glow coming from what I assume was his mouth and his chest. He pointed at my necklace.
"Where.. where did you get that?" He asked.
"I uh I got it from my mom"
He turned to Michael and pointed to his dads ring that he always wore on his right hand.
" You're parents.. I knew them.. I will let you stay under one condition. You respect my garden, and don't pick the flowers or fruits. Oh and most importantly leave when you're able. I don't want any permanent guests."
That was like three conditions but the guy ir thing scares me so I'll keep that to myself. Wonder why he doesn't like guests. Oh well this gives me time for my leg to heal up. And how does he know our parents? We don't even really know them.
"Thank you so much sir we are very great full for your hospitality" Michael tells the creature.
"May I ask a question sir"
"Very well"
"What is your name?"
"You can call me Denton."
"Is that your name?"
"To you it is"
I wonder why he won't tell me his name. Better leave it alone, I don't want to get on his bad side.
"Okay thanks Denton."
"I have another question."
"Not tonight Adrianna, go to bed. You guess will find a guest room first door on the right. Bathroom is three rooms to the left. Sorry I only have one spare room."
"Oh okay that'll work great. Thank you Denton." How did he know my name? I don't trust him.. Michael grabbed my good arm and put in over his shoulder to help me walk. Then Denton disappeared.
"So that was.. interesting."
"Yeah but I'm great full for the safe place to rest. You really need it to heal up."
"So who gets the bed?"
"You're kidding right? Obviously you get the bed. Look at yourself. You clearly need it more. I don't mind sleeping on the chair in the corner."
"Okay thanks Michael. You're really sweet you know. Good thing we brought extra blankets. I'd feel bad if I hogged the only blanket."
After a few minutes we were both fast asleep.