12.

It had been a week since the album party. Harry and I still hadn't really defined what we were doing. We'd managed a movie night a few days ago where I'd learned that he was obsessed with chick flicks, in particular, the notebook. Otherwise we hadn't been able to see each other. He texted and called me when he could but for the better part of the week he'd been holed up in the studio. He seemed happier with the way things were going for the new album. I tried to pry details from him but he refused to elaborate other than he was feeling particularly inspired. In his absence I'd had a lot of time to kill. I guess something good had come from Harry's remark at the party, the reporters and fans had lost interest in me. While my brief flirt with fame was fun while it lasted it was also incredibly stressful and I had a new outlook on what Harry went through everyday. The end of my 15 minutes of fame also meant the end of my exile from my job and so I filled most of my time working at POPPI! and daydreaming about the man slowly taking over my heart.

Hi, love. I'm so sorry I've been so busy.
We've been in the studio for like two days straight. I honestly have no clue what
day it is, but please tell me you're
awake and you'll let me steal you away?

Don't be sorry babe it's part of the deal.
I'm awake, my mom's on night shift and
I can't think of anything I'd rather do
than be with you.

Perfect. I'll pick you up in 10 xx

I throw my phone down after checking the time, it's already after 11pm. I don't bother putting makeup back on, if Harry and I are going to do this he needs to know me, barefaced and all. We can't do anything in public anyway so I don't worry that I'll be underdressed when I throw on an NYU sweatshirt and black nike running shorts. I slide in to my Birkenstocks just as the doorbell rings. I run down the stairs, throw open the door and jump into his arms. I've caught him by surprise but he catches me as I wrap my legs around his waist.

"Someone's awfully excited to see me"

"Absolutely" I reply as I place my mouth to his. His lips are soft and he tastes of mint. He deepens the kiss and I feel my heart racing in my chest. He finally separates us after a moment and I release my legs sliding down until I'm back standing. He takes my hand and leads me to the car he's driving for the night. It's another modest sedan surely something he picked only so we could be as discreet as possible. Though he won't admit it I know he's worried that if our relationship, whatever it is, should go public it could mess with his contract and in turn his best friends as well.

I force myself to stop worrying about what if's and try to enjoy my time with Harry. We load into the car and he pulls out of my neighborhood. He looks the happiest I've ever seen him in person. His energy is different.

"What's got you in such a good mood?"

"I don't know. The past few days it's just seemed like everything with the boys and the studio has gone exactly like it should. Now I'm getting to see you." He squeezes my hand that he's holding with one of his own as he drives with the other. "I've an idea."

"Oh, do you?"

"I do. I- actually do you mind if I roll the windows down?" He asks breaking from his train of thought. I shake my head no and feel the night air whip through the car. "I was thinking we could drive out to the beach, yeah?"

"Why, Mr. Styles, that sounds quite romantic if I do say so myself"

He laughs at my comment. "Well I do consider myself the romantic type."