Chapter #1

PART ONE

LIVING ON THE ISLAND

Xavier feels like he has been soaking in the sun for several hours as he wakes up. Xavier groans as he feels a tight binding around his body. He struggles as he hangs upside from a palm tree. His vision is blinded as a seaweed blindfold blocks his vision. Xavier begins to panic as his whole body is bound in a tight seaweed cocoon as he can't feel the ground.

“So, you have finally awoken, human?” a feminine female voice sounded from Xavier's right. He bit his lip as he stayed quiet. “Aw, why won't you answer, little human?” The girl's finger brushed against his neck, her sharp finger nail cutting a little line into Xavier's neck. Blood slowly oozed out of it.

“You smell quite intoxicating, young Xavier.” the girl slurred slightly.

“H-how . . . do you know my name?” Xavier shakes slightly as he feels the light lick of a tongue on his fresh cut.

“Mm . . . That isn't important right now.” the girl says quietly as Xavier feels small fangs to his neck. He stiffens up and breathes shallowly.

“W-what are you doing? D-don't put your mouth to my neck!” Xavier cries out in pain as the girl's fangs press deep into his neck. He feels a numbness go through his body as he goes limp. The girl starts to suck Xavier's blood roughly as he starts to turn pale. The girl doesn't notice as a little wooden dart shot at the vine, cutting it and making Xavier fall. He winced as her fangs ripped out of his neck. He falls down and gets caught by another girl. Xavier can't tell who caught him as he begins to faint from loss of blood. He passes out.

“Do you think the boy's alright?” the girl who shot the little dart asked as she bandaged the cut on Xavier's neck.

“Who cares if he is alright? He is just a useless boy, Cassie.”

“Krystal! Why would you say that about him?” Cassie looks at Krystal, shocked that she acted like that. “Or are you jealous that I have my attention toward . . . Xavier?”

“Hell, no! Why would I be jealous of an idiotic boy? That's right, idiotic! He wouldn't be idiotic if he didn't get himself into that mess. He is probably infected from Alician's venom.” Krystal glares toward Xavier as she bites her lip. “Get rid of him before he causes trouble to our lives.”

Cassie sighs as she lays Xavier down. “Let him stay here for now. If he is infected, then he is. We will kill Xavier if he is indeed infected. No stopping each other. Okay?” Krystal nods slowly before sitting down at the little table. They had taken Xavier to their little underground base where they lived.

“How would we kill him without the virus spreading to us?” Krystal looks at Cassie, wondering what Cassie had in mind.

“Well, you could always go beserk-”

“NO! Never again!” Krystal shouted, making Cassie stand there shocked. “I-I just . . . I promised you to never do that again. I can't control myself if I let the dragon rage over . . .”

--AUTHOR'S NOTE: I hope you enjoy this book that will be part of the Stranded series!