0.1

Casey smiled and threw her long hair over her shoulder, enjoying the sun's warming rays. This scene had been something she loved. The waves by the dock, crashing off the boats' hulls, rocking them in a simple lullaby. Although her phone was going off the hook, but she disregarded it and traced the ever-expanding water line with her dark eyes.

"You ready to go, Cass?" Her friend shouted from across the dock. For a moment she forgot what she was doing here in the first place. She smiled sweetly and tucked her hands in her sweatshirts' pockets before ambling over on the rocky dock. She looked up at her friend. His name was Drew, and in just the few months they knew each other, they grew closer than any friend Casey had ever had. He looked adorable, she had to admit. The wind tousled his hair in every direction, and the sun causing him to squint his bright blue eyes. He was a sight she would never get tired of seeing. The motor of the boat hummed loudly, letting off the odor of gasoline. Something Casey also would never get tired of. Drew reached out his hand and let Casey take her time getting on the boat, guiding her arm down as she reached the hull.

"It scares me every time!" Casey laughed lightly and took her usual seat, across from Drew, seated at the front of the boat. She heard Drew laugh at her and shot him a playful stare.

"It always makes me laugh that you take the front like that, like, you're a dog or something." Casey stuck her tongue out at him in response, trying to hold back a giggle. Her phone continued to buzz, and Drew's smile fell. "He's mad again, isn't he?"

Casey's smile also fell from her face. She hung her head and kicked at the ropes at the floor of the dingy. "Yeah." She said almost in a whisper. Drew pulled the boat away from the dock, kicked it away, and steered it towards the open water. Even though they were just friends, Casey's boyfriend was incredibly jealous all the time of her and Drew's relationship. She knew eventually she would have enough and would have no choice but to break it off.

Her boyfriend, Danny, had given her so many reasons to end their relationship, but she loved him, and unfortunately, giving up on people just wasn't in her nature.

And that's how the start of the end happened for Casey.