Chapter 1

Disclaimer

I don't own the characters from Kuroko no Baske. This is a work of fanfiction and purely for entertainment.

Author's notes:

Originally posted on Fanfiction.net by myself.
Please don't copy my story.
For those who haven't read this before, enjoy!

Story is set during extra game, right after Kuroko went to confront and got kicked by Nash. Everything happens next wouldn't go accordingly to the story. Pairing: Akashi x Riko.

I've always loved this rare pairing. I hope you enjoy my story.

kellyh000
###

Chapter 1

Riko gently pressed a ice pack against Kuroko's jaw. The teen jumped slightly to the sudden cold, but he didn't flinch away. He stilled and let his coach do her job.

She saw how bad the bruising was. Despite her curiosity, she wasn't sure if she wanted to know what had happened at the night club.

Riko turned her head to look at the others, especially at Kagami and Aomine's hands. They were no bruising, which indicated that they didn't got into a vicious fight.

The last thing this team needs is to get hurt before the game even started. Riko let out a sigh of relief internally, but her heart still tightened at her player's injuries.

Behind her, everyone was gazing at them. Wakamatsu looked furious as well, seeing how bad the kid's been hurt. Aomine somehow managed to regain some sensibility and held onto Momoi to keep her from tackling and sobbing against Kuroko; Murasakibara took out a bag of chips and started to consume it at a ridiculously fast rate, but he remained close and kept his eyes on Kuroko. Midorima stood afar with Takao by his side. Hyuga stood next to Kagami, calming his nerves as his senpai, his captain. Kise looked so sad and worried as if he were a dog that was abandoned by his master. Akashi kept his usual poker face and calm demeanor and sat nearby, watching her do her work silently.

Kuroko must've felt how pissed off she was, so he lowered his head apologetically. "Sorry for worrying you, coach."

"It's not just me you should apologize to," Riko huffed and ignored her player's puppy eyes. "everyone was worried about you. Because we all care about you."

Kuroko's deadpan face blushed a little by her statement. She knew he wasn't used to being the center of the attention, but because of his own recklessness, he was now. His own teammates had went after him when they realized where he might've went. After being rescued by them, everyone had their attention on him, fearing he may do something stupid again.

When they came back, with Kise half-carrying a beaten-up Kuroko, she wasn't sure she should slap Kuroko for his stupidity or hug him for returning in one-piece.

But Akashi had came up to her, and made that decision for her. He ushered them inside and asked her to help Kuroko politely.

Even if he hadn't ask, Riko would still help Kuroko without a doubt, but she got the feeling that Akashi was trying to stop her from snapping at Kuroko and giving all of them a lecture.

And it worked. Damn.

Riko sighed and handed Kuroko a towel to hold the ice pack. "Your neck seems fine. It's really your pretty face I'm worried about. You do realize you're gonna be on live tv tomorrow."

Kuroko tried to smile lightly, but winced in pain when he did. "Thank you, coach. I'll be alright."

Riko stared right back at him, and scanned all Kuroko's physical data. He should be a lot better tomorrow, but that didn't stop her from worrying. "You would've been, had you not went with my dad."