chapter 3

Riko was surprised-she only posted the link less than 12 hours ago, but her tweet had already been retweeted hundreds of times. She didn't even have that many followers. And the review video itself already got more than a thousand views, which was ridiculous, but in a good way.

She sat up and started to scroll through the retweets and likes, and recognized most of the handles were names of basketball players from different schools. She went on to read the replies and comments, and she smiled upon seeing some of them.

SatsukiMomoi0504: Riko-chan and Akashi-kun are amazing~~~Even more amazing than I thought~~~ d=(^^)=b

RyotaKise_official:Finally! Akashi-chhi and Aida-chhi are so awesome!(≧▽≦)

Reonee_love: Sei-chan and Aida-san really did an incredible job! I really hope you can review more games❤

Vanilla_shakes_16: Thank you, coach. You really did a lot to help us and the review video was even better.

Few people commented, but she saw Midorima, Murasakibara and Aomine, along with players from Seirin also liked Kuroko's comment.

Seirin met up later that day to attend the opening ceremony of the Winter Cup. They didn't have a match until tomorrow, but they still decided to stay and watch their future opponents.

As Hyuga led Seirin into the arena, a lot of people turned their heads and stared at them. As they lined up, Riko realized that Hyuga was a real national-level captain, and got no longer cold feet while being in the center of attention. He held his head high, unafraid.

Riko was relieved that even without Kiyoshi, their mental support, they still held their ground and supported each other like a family.

(A lot of fast forward)

Seirin lost to Kaijo by 7 points.

Everyone did their best, but by the fourth quarter, Koroko and Kagami had already lost most of their strength and could barely stand. In the end, their couldn't stop Kise's perfect copy this time.

Riko and the third-years stood in front of their underclassmen in their changing room.

"We lost, and this is the end for us. It is time for the third-years to retire." Hyuga stated.

The underclassmen looked startled. "Wait a minute, senpai! What are you saying all of a sudden?" Kagami asked.

"Shut your mouth and listen up! This is the end for us, but the rest of you can still carry on." Hyuga barked.

"Hyuga is right," Izuki spoke up. "keep up with your training and you can make it next year."

"Furihata!" Hyuga called out. "You're the captain now."

Everyone went silent for a moment to process what Hyuga just said. And then the second-year kid went pale after he processed the news. "...Me...me?! Captain, are you...kid..kidding?"

"It's already decided by me, Coach and Kiyoshi." Hyuga countered.

"Have a little faith in yourself, Furihata-kun. Because we all do." Riko reassured him. "That's why I sent you to face Kasamatsu-san and Akashi-kun last year. Your cautiousness is essential for a PG. You'll lead the team just fine."

"But I failed...I couldn't stopped them then. I was useless." Furihata stopped trembling in panic, but he still had doubts in himself.

"Then rely on your teammates, idiot!" Hyuga slapped Furihata with more force than necessary, but the latter didn't flinch. "No one asked you to go up against the five of them. You just have to coordinate and trust your teammates to score."