Chapter One: Dreams and School

----A Quick hello, this is a story I wrote a long time ago and I have this story across two platforms Archiveofourown and Fanfiction.net. I am in the process of editing all of my chapters and updating/adding more chapters. Please stay tuned and enjoy.-------

It began in a dark place surround by weeping trees. I noticed no light at first, just the fog creeping along the forest floor.
I moved forward, following the poorly pathed path before me. As I moved on, I began to see the light of the sun appear through the small gaps between trees. I grew closer to an opening as I neared the end of my path. I held my breath in anticipation.

Through the light I stepped, seeing a meadow with lush green grass that sprawled across many hills before me.

Astounding.

I moved forward, leaving the forest behind. I was entranced by the sheer amount of beauty Before my eyes.
The soft but present wind ruffled each flower, sending the sweet natural perfume in the air. Bees flew here or there on petals, and in the distance, a fawn danced and trotted amongst the field.
I closed my eyes briefly, taking a deep inhale of flowers and enjoying the feeling of the wind on my skin and through my hair.

"This peace, let it never end," I said to myself.

As I prepared to move further into the meadow, a loud snap sounded from behind me. I whirled around quickly looking toward the forest trying to locate the source of the noise.

As I started my nerves rising, I began to feel sick. The forest grew darker; the trees looked bigger.

"Am I seeing things?

Then suddenly the snap sounded again, this time louder. The sound was followed quickly by a tremendous boom. I realized whatever was causing this sound a tree fell. I turned away from the forest, sprinting forward into the meadow trying to escape the noise, this feeling.

I began to see the sky begin to cloud over ahead of me, the wind picking up like that of a small hurricane.

The feeling of despair began to sink in as I pushed further into the meadow. My heart racing, my skin being sliced by the now harsh winds.

I lost my footing, slamming into the ground my vision blurred and I faded into darkness.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP

I jolted awake, gasping for air.
It took a moment before I realized where I was, seeing the pictures of my family and friends along the wall instead of being surrounded by trees.

"It was all a dream" I sighed, turning off my alarm I laid back onto my pillow, I cringed feeling the sweat from the cotton on my scalp. I closed my eyes, steadying my heart and taking a deep breath.

"Shit, I'm late!"

I moved quickly in my bed, throwing the large comforter back. My small dog grumbled and shifted deeper in the sheets.
Sure, I was late for my first college class of the semester, but I wasn't going to go to school smelling funky, and I didn't want to go with a head full of my curly wet mop. After my shower, I threw on a pair of skinny jeans, Sperry shoes, and my favorite dark green v neck shirt. I slipped my bracket on my wrist, grabbed my purse and light backpack and headed out the door. Moving into my banged-up car, I pulled out and sped down the road. It wasn't like me to be late; in fact, I hated when others were late. At each stoplight, I looked at myself in the rear-view window.

My light violet eyes set against brown skin and beautiful black curly hair was always an eye turner, with my freckles that dotted the bridge of my button nose and cheeks I was frequently asked to be a model. Not for my body of course, which stood five foot three, with too much hip and too much bust. No, it was for my face or "eccentric look" scouts called it.