part 1 - another regular day

7 years ago...

"You will do what I say and when I say it. Is that understood?"

"Yes."

Slap

"Yes what? You spoiled little brat."

"Yes Sir."

Present Day...

7:21am. At least that's what my alarm clock told me. I knew I should be getting up, getting myself ready for school. But I couldn't do it. I found there was just no point anymore. Why would I do something that I find no joy in when I could go do something more fun, do something I actually enjoy doing. It's not like anyone will care anyway. It will be fine. Just another regular day.

I walked into the kitchen to see the mess that had been left for me to clean. My aunt would've left at seven this morning. She expects me to clean this mess. Maybe that was unusual for other people but, this is my life. After I cleaned up the mess that was left from breakfast, I made sure to sweep the floor and feed Jimmy. Jimmy was my fish. He brought me joy in this horrible world. I like to call him my one true love. It might sound weird to you but he has been with me through so much. He's been my best friend through everything. Through my dad, bullies, my aunt, everything. I didn't need anyone else. Because I had Jimmy.

8:59am. Everyone would be at school by now, so that means I could finally leave. I was planning on going to my favourite place. A five minute walk. A secluded area. That barely no one knew about. The Lake. There was a small little lake near by our apartment complex that was surrounded by trees. No one really knew about it because it was so hidden but no one would ever expect to find something like that around here. The area I lived it was horrible. I don't like being judgemental but it was horrible. Don't get me wrong if you are use to this life it's fine but compared to other towns around. It was pretty bad. The people are nice, when they aren't drunk or high. The complex was okay, when there wasn't gang fights or people getting murdered. All in all, I've called this place my home for 9 years. Walking down the emergency stairwell of our complex and just before I reached the front door I heard Jenny calling my name.

"Maya, oh sweetheart. You late for school again? You need a ride sweetcheeks?"

Jenny was like a mother figure to me. She always made sure I was in school, she always made sure I went to the doctors when I was sick, and she always made sure I had money if I needed it. The only problem with this was that she worked as a stripper five days a week. Nothing wrong with that right? Well when she would finish work every weekday she would go down to Sunset Valley to sell her body for money. That's fine right? You do what you gotta do. But she also did the most amount of drugs and consumed the most amount of alcohol she could on the weekends. I wasn't down with that.

"Hi Jenny, off to work?"

"Oh come on sugar, don't dodge my question now." She said, as she walked over to me and pulled me into one of her gut-wrenching hugs. Yeah, not really something I enjoyed.

"I was just going to walk today Jen, I have a free period first up on mondays, remember?" I didn't have a free period monday mornings. But why start telling the truth now?

"Oh yes sugar that's right. I could still take you if you want, gotta make sure you get there and all."

"No, it's okay Jen but thank you. Don't you gotta get to work?"

"Oh shit, I'm gonna be late. I'll see you later honeybear." She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and started to run outside to her car. Careful not to trip in her stilettos that she was wearing.

As I walked outside and took the first step down to the pavement, I took a deep breath in. Yep, still smells like marijuana. Today is just going to be another regular day. 

hi my loves, please vote and comment <33

instagram - paigerileyx