Prologue

My life wasn't very interesting, to be completely honest with you. It wasn't interesting for the first 14 years of my life, I was happy. I had a happy, peaceful, quiet, perfect life. I lived in a nuclear family, my mother and father perfect together, and my little sister the best little girl I had ever met. But a few weeks after my 15th birthday, that's when I met Canterberry.

For a little while, Canterberry was the perfect friend; He was really sweet, told me jokes, and would always buy my soda from the school vending machine for me. But as soon as he took me to his . . . House, Canterberry got a lot more pushy and rude. It was like now that I knew he was rich, he wanted me to worship him as some sort of god-king.

I'm sorry for starting this off so negative and horrible without even talking about myself.

Suddenly my mother shouted my name, taking me away from my journal. "Diablo Salvio Flores, you get down here right now and finish your chores!'

I sighed, closing my journal after putting my pen between the pages, and went to the kitchen. "Sorry mamá, I got distracted."

My mamá kissed my forehead, giving me a small frown. "Querido, you have to stop worrying so much. You're almost a man now, you'll be graduating high school and going off to college soon. If you keep stressing out, your scholarship could be at risk. Finish the dishes and cleaning the kitchen so I can make dinner, then you go take a hot shower."

I gave her a gentle smile, loving how angry she could seem at me but almost a minute later she'll let her gentle nature show through. "De acuerdo mamá, I love you." She waved me off, and I did as she commanded.

I couldn't stop thinking about my journal, about Canterberry. I know mamá hates when I think about him because of what he did to me and the family, but I couldn't stop. He messed with me and my life so much that even almost a year after he's been gone, I still can't get over what he had done. I'll write about it in my journal later, mamá wants me to relax right now.

// sorry for the short first chapter everyone! I wrote this when I was tired, and I'll try to get more done today!