The Twenty Seventh Rejection

"Kiara, are you crazy? He was Abhishek, the hottest guy in the whole school whom even the senior girls try to pursue but he turned to be your twenty seventh rejection." yelled Annie, the only existence who had the courage to yell at her. "Girl, speak up! And also, did you use your own filthy language at him too?" Kiara, who was busy tearing that sweet love letter which she didn't even found worthy of reading, stood up casually and dumping the sweet mess into the dustbin answered, "All I asked him was are you stupid! When did 'stupid' got adopted under bad words?" Annie rolled her eyes and complained, "Where is the 'shut you a*s hole' part? Did you eat them?"

Kiara ignored her and casually took a sip of water as if nothing happened. Seeing her act this normally Annie took a deep breath and said, "Girl, you are no Cinderella! You have to act fast, you have only two years left in your hands. Once you get eighteen everything will be changed, you will be aloof and your parents would have already pushed you in hands of some boozer or madman. Do you want to suffer same as your mother does now?"

Mother- this little world flipped her entire expressions. What position did she held in this world. Her mother, daughter of a poor household, was not even a complete 18 when her parents pushed her into a trap of marriage as a debt consolidation. She was not even a grown up herself and before she could understand what the hell was happening around her she became a mother of two children. At that age when she didn't even experienced half of the world she was forced to settle her own world of kids and husband.

No one would like to end up like how her mother did, weak and used. Especially for Kiara, who was there whenever her mother sobbed and cursed her life, it would be next to death to live this kind of life which had no meaning, just endless pain and suffering.

It took a little while for her to digest and analyze what Annie just said. Her body froze and eyes were about to get flooded with tears but the next second the helplessness in her face vanished and her old cold self surfaced her pale face.

"Cinderella!" she started with a hint of ridicule, "I don't wanna be like Cinderella, weak and naive. Singing in dusty cellar and waiting for her prince Charming to save her. Rather than believing in men to save me I would rather rescue myself. Getting saved by a men is next to selling bodies for profit and trust me, I won't let anyone decide my fate." With this word she walked out of the classroom leaving Annie alone, distressed.

She was wrong, miracles do happen! All men are not the same, not everyone was as brutal as her father. Annie knew that it was next to impossible for her to change her heart and also her Mr. Right was still not found.