Chapter 1

WARNING: Some triggering subjects like loss of family and use of alcohol/other drugs. If you or someone you know is dealing with loss of family member or is struggling with any addictions, please call:

National helpline: 1-800-662-HELP(4357) OR 1-800-487-4889

Well hi. I'm not good at introductions but my name is Jada. At least that's what I call myself. People aren't aloud to know my real name, so I just go by Jada. I'm 18 years old and I'm in 12th grade. I live with my sister and her boyfriend. My dad left me before I was born and my mother was killed in a car accident when I was 13. Don't drink and drive kids. 

Life hasn't been the safe for me. I mean, I don't really care about losing my "dad", but losing my mother is something that has changed my life for the worse. I mean, she was actually there for me. She took care of my sister and I by herself working two jobs. Yes, she was a kick ass mother and I inspire to be as strong as she was. Okay, enough of that sentimental sappy shit. 

You're probably wondering what part of my life isn't depressing. Or maybe you just want to get to the drama that goes down? Or maybe you want to skip all of this and go straight into the sexual things? Well, you have to wait for that. My best friends, besides my sister and her boyfriend, are Brodie and Bianca (let's call her Bee). I've known them since the 5th grade and we've been inseparable ever since. The school's best outcast threesome. Besides my sister, they know they guy that I've had a crush on ever since I started liking him. But I don't want to love him, I want to hate him. Not only do I have to see him at every day at school, but I also live right next door to him. Our rooms are on the same side, so we can see into each other's rooms. Yeah it sucks and also kind of creepy. Especially when I see him staring into my room while I'm trying to sleep. Well, here goes another day of school.

"I don't want to go today", I said to my sister as I was getting ready for school. "I don't blame you, but you can't miss anymore days of school or we both get in trouble." she told me. "I don't want to be around him or his friends" I said. "I know that. Just try not to look at any of them," she said annoyed. "I can always count on you for advice," I said sarcastically and we both laughed. "Okay hurry your ass up and don't be late again," my sister yelled as I was about to walk out the door. "Copy that big chief," I yelled back and giggled.

As I pull up to the parking lot, I see Brodie and Bee waiting for me in their usual parking spots and I park my car next to Bee's car. I grab my bag and phone and turn my car off. I get out of my car and close the door and walk to them. "Good morning Jada," Brodie cheered with a big smile on her face. I looked at Bee and she was trying not to laugh at Brodie's abnormal behavior. I call it abnormal because she's usually a mess in the morning and not wanting to talk to anyone until she got her coffee from the café.

 "Okay, what's all the smiling and giggling about?" I asked them. "He asked me out!" Brodie said screaming and jumping while Bee was laughing at her. "Richard?" I screamed back. "Yes!" she screamed again. We hugged in excitement. I was happy for her. "Guys be quiet, people are staring," Bee whispered.

 I look around and some people were staring at us. "Oh my gosh there's Matt," I whispered to Bee and Brodie. He walked by our cars with a couple of his douchebag followers. We made eye contact and he looked away with a smirk on his face and I blush a deep scarlet. "When are you going to grow some balls and have a normal conversation with him?" Brodie joke with a smirk. "It may take the same amount of time it took you to grow balls to talk to Richard," I joked back and she flicked my forehead.

 "Jada, it's your house's turn for the Friday night sleepover," Bee said as we were walking into the school. Every friday night we have a sleepover after school and we all take turns on who's house we will stay at. It was my turn this time. We also go to the cafe after school on Wednesdays to study together. And bowling on Monday nights. God I love these girls. "Hey I have an idea for friday," Brodie said. "We should carpool on fridays since we all go to one's house after school. It can save gas for us," Brodie suggested. "That's actually not a bad idea at all," I agreed and Bee nodded her head in agreeance as well. "Okay from now on let's carpool on Fridays," Bee said. "Okay," Brodie and I said in sync. 

We all said our goodbyes and went to class. My first class was creative writing class and I had the honor to be in the same class as Matt. I walked in and sat at my seat. Matt walks in and the only spot left is next to me. He sits next to me and i roll my eyes.

 "Hi there Jada," he said with a smirk. "Hello Matthew," I smirked back. He rolled his eyes because he hates being called that. "What are you doing this weekend, inviting your douchebag friends to your house to get stoned and look into my bedroom window and creep on me and my friends?" I asked with an innocent tone in my voice. I really wanted to push the envelope and piss him off. He looked at me with a mean look in his eyes. I only smiled. "Depends, are you spending your weekend writing sad poetry and talking to Brodie and Bee about how much you adore me?" he said, mocking me and I rolled my eyes. "Dude why are you even in this class? You don't even write anything" I asked getting annoyed that I didnt even piss him off. "Maybe I want to be in here to make you mad," He said. "Whatever," I said and he laughed. I can never get under his skin but he can easily get under mine.

time skip to Jada driving home

I'm excited for Bee and Brodie coming over tonight. I wanna tell them about the conversation that I had with Matt. Yes, it was short but it counts as one. They never seem to get annoyed about me talking about him. I can't help that I'm completly head over heals with someone that I act so bitter towards. I just love him but I know that he doesn't feel the same about me. He probably just wants to use me for sex and then leave afterwards.

"Tonight is going to be so much fun!" Brodie squeals with excitement. "Yeah. What are we going to do tonight?" I said. All three of us were lying on my bed trying to come up with something to do. "Guys I've got an idea. Let's pull a prank on Matt and the guys" Brodie said and my heart started beating fast. "If we do that, he may know it was us," Bee said. "Yeah, but this is to get Matt's attention for Jada," Brodie said with a smile. "If Matt finds out, I'm dead. Plus his parents are home so that's also going to stop us," I said in dissapointment. "No they're out of town. I heard Matt talking to the guys saying that his parents are out of town and so he invited them to his house," Brodie said. "You eavesdropped on his conversation?" Bee asked in shock. "Who cares? His parents are out of town so this plan will work out perfectly," I said and we all laughed.

The games shall begin Matthew.

1374 words

A/N: Thanks so much for reading! I'll try to update as much as I can!