untitled

The day I realized I liked boys... The day I met him... The day my girlfriend caught us. They were all the same day. Here's how it started.

I had a girlfriend in middle school. It wasn't much of a relationship, not as much as it was an 'exclusive' friendship. Her name was Umi. We'd kissed, but only a few times. Of course, I told her I loved her, and that I wanted to marry her. Because that's what you did back then, you made promises and you had no idea if you were going to keep them. We were together for three years, all of middle school. When I told her I wanted to apply to UA, she scoffed like I didn't have the skills. My quirk is Tape, and it does come in handy for everyday tasks, but I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to help people.

My friends always told me I had a pretty neat quirk. I always countered with telling them that it doesn't matter what your quirk is, as long as you have the urge to save people. Because that's what being a hero means, wanting to help even when you know it's dangerous. I always had that urge, even in middle school. I looked up to the pros, each one of them. But I looked up to All Might the most. He always smiled, even in the direst situations. I wanted to be fearless like him.

As it turned out, I got into UA. In fact, I managed to get into class 1-A. The entrance exam was brutal, so many students competing to get into the top hero school. After I got the video message in the mail, I couldn't help but feel sick. Doubts and fears flooded my mind every time I thought about great-big UA. I kept thinking, what if they expect so much from me after getting into the top class at the top school, and I can't do everything they put in front of me? What if Umi-chan was right?