Chapter 2

(Vanity's clothing in media)

Vanity's POV

After hours of thinking, I decided, I could runaway to Nano! She was my friend before the whole kingdom thing started. I think she lives in the Magic Kingdom? Or was it the Science Kingdom? I don't really know...but I will find out. I'll leave tonight, at midnight. I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I'm so excited. Finally I can be away from here, make friends! Maybe even...find love...?

Nah don't be silly Van! Love doesn't exist

The voice in my head told me, I couldn't help but believe it, I've been told that my whole life.

~at midnight~

Everyone was asleep, the guards were roaming the halls, I'm ready to climb out of this window and leave the barrier. Am I ready for this?

Of course you are!

Yeah I guess. I grab my iron dagger and stealthily tip-toed to the window still. Opening the golden framed window as quietly as I could, I kept looking behind me to see if one of the guards are there. Finally the window opened, but with a loud creek.

"Golden nuggets" I whisper/yell

I swung my legs over the edge, looked down, and started debating on wether I should or should not jump

Do it! You've been waiting your whole life!

But what if I break my ankle? What if I make to much noise and someone catches me?

"Princess get down from there!"

Creepers! He jogged towards me and just as he was about to grab my waist

BLOODY JUMP!

So I did,I heard my ankle crack, oh zombles!

"AFTER HER, DO NOT LET HER ESCAPE!" Someone shouted

Squids on land! I gotta run. I sprinted/stumbled as far away from the castle as possible, to the edge of the woods, where the barrier is.

Go on, walk through it.

I'm scared

Just do it

What if I die?

Listen here missy you only have one chance at this so if your gonna do it, do it now because their not gonna stop looking for you until they find you and the woods is the first place their gonna look!

I sighed...shakily, I walked through the barrier, immediately smelling a completely different scent. This one smelt more...nature-ey. Everything felt so natural and...what's the word? Free. I walked aimlessly through, whatever this is, hoping to find another human. When I came across...another barrier.